I don't get it!

Options
Last weekend I started back eating 1200 calories. I lost 3 lbs over the weekend. Last monday I started working out and worked out Mon-Thurs and lost more weight eating about 1300 calories. Fri, Sat & Sun I didn't work out but still ate 1200 calories and I haven't lost and oz! WTH??? I don't get it!

Replies

• PinkAndSparkle
    Options
    1200 clearly is NOT enough for you! You should try eating back some, if not all, of your exercise calories. Your body needs fuel in order to burn fat, otherwise you're just runnin' on empty!
  • chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    So basically you are weighing yourself too much (multiple times over the course of a week?)

From the sound of it if you had weighed last weekend, then weighed again the following you might have a completely different perspective.

Also, what kind of working out are you doing? Are you doing any kind of resistance training?

Is your goal weight loss? or fat loss? Those are two very different things.

Much of what I am getting at is; you are supplying jack sh*it for information, drawing apparently wild conclusions and nobody has a valid basis to help you "get it" without asking you a handful of other questions.
  • Jessieh6266
    Options
    Losing weight is one of the most frustrating things in life. But you have to ask, how long did it take me to get to my current weight. If it took months or years, it might take you just as long or a bit longer to lose it. Also, some days you will lose more than other days, its inevitable and everyone hits a mild bump now and again. Look on the bright side of life and instead of wondering what you have done wrong or contemplating your rest days. In the course of what, a week?, and lost about 5 lbs. That is an awesome feat. If not losing a few more pounds is that significant, look over the differences in meals between the previous weekend and the one just past. Did you have some food with more sugar and fat? Did you snack more one weekend and not the other? Did you consume more water? But maybe your body has a reason for holding on to the weight. If you shed too much too quickly, your body will fight you harder. So, keep your chin up and have faith.
  • tabitha2770
    tabitha2770 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thank you...I'm probably being to hard on myself. You are 100% right. :)
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Thank you...I'm probably being to hard on myself. You are 100% right. :)

Entirely so. Friday of this week I went for an hour walk with a friend and then came home and did my regular workout. I burned a lot of calories and barely got in 1200 calories that day, I showed a "gain" yesterday I didn't workout at all, ate 1400 calories and lost a 1/2 lb. HAHA!

I know for myself 1200 calories is really low despite what myfitnesspal says, so I upped my calories to 1400 and it seems to be working better for me.

I sometimes will step on the scale during the week, but for the most part I try to weigh once a week on sunday and I also take measurements, for those weeks that there is no loss, I always see inches lost, so it's not so frustrating.