Need some help understanding.

Options
I have finally gotten my eating undercontrol, am i only supose to be eating 1200 calories a day. But in order to lose 1lb i need to burn 3500 calories. Should i be eating more after I do an exercies so that I am still eating a total if 1200 calories?

Confused!!!

Replies

• bananaface222
    bananaface222 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    hi if u do more exercise u do need a lot more cals i have 1400 and do an hour a day on treadmill but can have more cals if need
  • rinnismom
    rinnismom Posts: 190
    Options
    yes, you need more.

your body needs to replenish itself of what's been taken from it through workouts. you don't have to eat them back everyday and you can only eat some of them if you're not really hungry, but your body does need them. i've seen more people prove to me the positive effects of eating back exercise calories vs. those that don't. i used to be one of those people that didn't.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Yes the 1200 is just a deficit if you did no exercise. I am at 1350 now and when I was doing 1200 I ate most of mine back but somedays not all. I don't force myself to eat if I'm not hungry or exhausted. I know when I need to eat all of them back and it's much better than not eating them and netting <1000 bc I an fatigued the next day.
  • hkevans724
    hkevans724 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I have finally gotten my eating undercontrol, am i only supose to be eating 1200 calories a day. But in order to lose 1lb i need to burn 3500 calories. Should i be eating more after I do an exercies so that I am still eating a total if 1200 calories?

Confused!!!

Yes, you do need to eat more calories when you work out, also that's 3500 calories a week not a day.