Encouragement

Options
Hi everyone

this may sound like an easy question or even a silly question by most "manly men" but what can i say to my wife when she insults herself "jokingly" as she would put it....but i know the truth and i'm positive she's just making herself feel worst...i try and tell her positive things like ...

dont u worry i'm gonna help and u wont always be that way
try not to be so hard on urself
theres nothing u and i cant do together...etc etc

i hope u get the point but what can i do when trying to be positive understanding and supportive isnt enouph =( any suggestions would be great

Replies

• scottc
    scottc Posts: 72
    Options
    God made her exactly who she is for a reason. Her life has a purpose. She is special and unique and you love her.
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    A good, strong, long hug finished with a kiss can do wonders. No words needed. :flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

this may sound like an easy question or even a silly question by most "manly men" but what can i say to my wife when she insults herself "jokingly" as she would put it....but i know the truth and i'm positive she's just making herself feel worst...i try and tell her positive things like ...

i hope u get the point but what can i do when trying to be positive understanding and supportive isnt enouph =( any suggestions would be great

All those things are lovely....but what worked for me was when my husband would follow them with, "But if you really feel that way, then do something about it."

Can't say it was easy to hear at first, but all the stroking and loving kept me complacent....the challenge to stopo complaining and to fix that which I hated about myself was what I needed.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    a big hug and a big kiss. :flowerforyou:
  • rcotto25
    rcotto25 Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi everyone

All those things are lovely....but what worked for me was when my husband would follow them with, "But if you really feel that way, then do something about it."

Can't say it was easy to hear at first, but all the stroking and loving kept me complacent....the challenge to stopo complaining and to fix that which I hated about myself was what I needed.

okay gonna try thing and hope it works ... =)