Valentine's Day Fitness Challenge Check-In February 10

Options
Hi everyone! Coming to a close on another weekend. It's time to figure out what you can do to intensify your workouts for these last few days of the challenge. There will be no smooth sailing from our group! Could you add hand or ankle weights while doing something you normally would do? Could you add another session of something or another block of time? Let's make these last 4 days really count! YOU can do it!

Yesterday my exercise consisted of 30 min of fast paced walking while pushing the double stroller and talking on the phone. :) Good thing it was just my parents since I was walking fast enough to get slightly out of breath. Anyway, I squeaked in my waters and got my vitamins and meds (although I took them pretty late in the day - I *almost* forgot!)

Hope everyone is doing well!
+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
Niccole

Replies

• NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Coming to a close on another weekend. It's time to figure out what you can do to intensify your workouts for these last few days of the challenge. There will be no smooth sailing from our group! Could you add hand or ankle weights while doing something you normally would do? Could you add another session of something or another block of time? Let's make these last 4 days really count! YOU can do it!

Yesterday my exercise consisted of 30 min of fast paced walking while pushing the double stroller and talking on the phone. :) Good thing it was just my parents since I was walking fast enough to get slightly out of breath. Anyway, I squeaked in my waters and got my vitamins and meds (although I took them pretty late in the day - I *almost* forgot!)

Hope everyone is doing well!
    +++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Niccole
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    I did my 3 hours of yoga yesterday. It was tough, but by the third class I got the hang of it. I also went for a 30 minute walk - more because the weather here is perfect (sorry snowy north) and walking relaxes me, then for the exercise.

Today we are talking about a bike ride. Sometimes being outside just makes you feel better :smile: - maybe it's the vitamin D.
  • mspiggie9
    Options
    I'm down to 170...I don't think 165 is going to happen, but I got really close! Also...who has a double chin? NOT ME! (anymore :)
    See ya,
    Shelly
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Today I'm going to try a yoga workout from Shape magazine. (I'm trying to break away from my dependence on DVDs, so that I can make it more mindful).

I just walked to the store and back and yeesh....it is so cold! So, no more walking for today.

Tomorrow I leave for the spa (two nights)! I'm going to try to get some weight training in in the morning, but then I'm taking a few days off. I can work out extra hard knowing that I'll get all the soreness rubbed out of me later!

:flowerforyou:
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Well, so much for taking the weekend off...I had an hour of shoveling & snowblowing last night and again this morning. It was a nice break from my usual DVD's but will be back at it tomorrow.

Happy Sunday all!
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm listing the last three days here as it's simpler to do it that way.

Friday, walked around the house doing housework with my daughters 5 lb weights velcroed to my ankles. God I didn't know 10 lb weighed so much. It was hard to do and she uses them when we do an hour aerobics dvd.

Saturday was girls day out for friends and me and we went shopping in Basketville in Putney Vermont. The whole day was alot of walking slowly and sitting on my butt.

Today I just didn't have a choice but to go out and push snow around to get it out of my drive way so I could go to work tomorrow. My back is now saying oww but it had to be done. At least it wasn't wet and heavy so I could use the push type of shovel but I had to do it for about 90 minutes to get the whole driveway clear. Now I think I'm going to find my heating pad. See you all tomorrow
  • sandyparker
    Options
    :laugh: I too am in the groove as my daughter is having her second child in June. Wow the enrgy her son has should be bottled and sold. I bought a bright red dress for Valentine's Day and it almost fits!?! :blushing: I have lost around 13.2 pounds and am looking forward to summer for the first time in a long time. Later! Sandy--see me in five pounds
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Sorry I missed yesterday... I threw a surprise 30th party for my husband and was too busy partying! I had two servings of melted ice cream cake, but got smoked pork bbq, slaw, baked beans, and made a fruit salad for dinner. That was the healthiest thing I could think of & still keep everyone happy. I don't drink, so no worries there.

So, yesterday was a super-cleaning & chasing kids day of exercise.
    Today I had to work a lacrosse match so I was on my feet all day; wind & sun burned, but the fresh air was nice. Gonna do an hour on the gazelle in a bit & swim in the morning.

I also brought the skin fold calipers home from work so I can get my husband to do my bodyfat. I'm about 10lbs off my goal, but the inches have been coming off even though the weight isn't!
  • ltsoccermom
    Options
    My trip to DC was filled with walking 3-6 miles each day. I walked instead of taking the Metro so I got excessive exercise in and I was really good on eating my calories. By the time I added my walking in with a 15 pound back pack I could eat another day of calories but chose not to.

This weekend was beautiful again in Texas! I rode my bike yesterday but was only able to ride 7 miles because I broke my chain on a trail with a steep hill and rocks. I took it to the bike shop and did not get back in time to ride the rest of my miles. Today it just was not in me to ride the rest of yesterdays miles and todays. I only rode 10 miles today. I did go out for a walk with my husband and dog tonight. We were going out for a 30 minute walk that turned into a 45 minute walk.

Since I am behind on my riding miles for the week I will try to get a couple rides in during the week between rains.

The frustrating part is I did not lose any weight while I was away and walking everywhere. I still am only at 6 lbs lost in the past month. Nothing lost in the past 2 weeks. :noway:

I will continue to try and push on!

LTsoccerMom