A Confession

Options
I'm confessing this morning that I have not been consitently logging my food... I know, I know...
For the first 60lbs or so I was able to get away with it. But I have plateaued the last few months or so. I've maintained my weightloss over the last 6 months, but I've not lost anymore. Even as I have ramped my exercise back up. So here is my public statement, I will log anything that crosses my lips, from now until I make my goal weight. If I don't have time to log it, or I don't know how to log it; then I don't have the time to eat it.

Who's with me?

Replies

• ryno0618
    ryno0618 Posts: 361
    Options
    Great re-dedication friend!! It really does help and really does work. Log everything, be accountable to yourself and to the site with logging. Bring it!
  • tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    "oh it was only half a doughnut, it doesn't count" Yeppers, that was me! Now I log EVERYTHING!!! Makes me realize what I eat and don't eat. Logging what you eat isn't just for the calories but how healthy you are eating. I need more veggies!
  • TIDDYBEAR
    TIDDYBEAR Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    The thing you have to make yourself understand is that you can lie to My Fitness Pal, but you CAN NOT lie to your body!!! So, if you ate it, even if you didn't log it, your body knows!
  • JenniLisette
    Options
    great tip..wont eat if i cant log it!

that's so me, i forget and sometimes miss days..

I'm with you!
  • Arperjen
    Arperjen Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I neurotically log stuff, even if it's one Twizzler. What's great about this is that it helped me realize how much of a snacker I was (Which is why I'm in this position to begin with).

WTG, dude. Grab it by the horns!
  • ToniaWalkin
    ToniaWalkin Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    perfect comment Tiddybear....I'm learning that myself
  • AmyM713
    AmyM713 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Agreed its so easy to lie on here but I honestly feel guilty, I tell myself I'm not gonna log but then some how it ends up on there. Good luck you can do this!!
  • SCH67
    SCH67 Posts: 21
    Options
    Thanks for this.. I needed it!

i"m with you!!!!
  • waster196
    waster196 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    i am right there with you pal. after a year of serious hard work last year which saw me lose 106lbs, stress and depression and plain old overeating have caused me to regain 35lbs. this week i have found my mojo! back in the saddle big guy :)
  • psmullins
    psmullins Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!:smile:
  • dolldreams
    dolldreams Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Awesome. It takes a lot to admit that. It's so easy to regain when you let up on logging. I ended up gaining back almost 20 lbs before I started logging again. We work too hard for every lb to let up even a little. Thanks!