How often do you weigh in?

Options

Replies

• Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Once a month I weigh in, take measurements and photos. I would personally advise not to hang all your hopes on the scales and numbers, go by how you feel, look and clothes fit. Its too easy to put yourself down if the scale doesn't show what you want, and as your body fluctuates, sometimes significantly, from one day to the next it will be so easy to put yourself down and lose hope
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I had got into the habit of weighing daily sometimes twice daily. I have decided this isn,t healthy and have promised myself i will only weigh once a week from now on. I weighed myself on Friday last and so far so good but i have been on nights, tonight is night off so lets see if i can resist in the morning. I tend to get a bit obsessive and dont want to be.
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    From now on- once a month!! I will weigh in on the 1st only! I have had little to luck changing my numbers and I hate that!!
  • anima_gemella
    anima_gemella Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    every morning but record it every 2 to 4 weeks depending on loss hehe
  • cinsuccess
    cinsuccess Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I also weigh myself every day in the morning but only record on Saturday mornings. I also take my measurements and record them every Saturday morning. It's helped me to not get discouraged when the scale doesn't move too much over a week. For instance, last week I only lost 0.2 pounds but I lost 1/2 inch in each of my hips, thighs and calves. I highly recommend taking measurements for anyone who isn't.
  • MariaAlbina
    MariaAlbina Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Once a week.
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I weigh in when I remember to, but I don't record my weight until I see a change that sticks around for more than one day...it goes up and down drastically sometimes. I guess it's water weight?
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself when i can see a difference. like when my belt loop moved, or when my pants seem saggier. or when someone complements me on it :p its probably pretty weird, but i dont want to see the disapointing weigh in's because it would discorage me or bring on unhealth habits i would like to remove.
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day and track my weight on the Hackers Diet website so i can see the statistical real trend of my weight..

Makes a small up or down bump less significant..and leads to less freakouts.
    https://www.fourmilab.ch/cgi-bin/HackDiet
  • MissColleenG
    Options
    Every Saturday when I get up. Also measure then too.
  • shelbynicole32
    shelbynicole32 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I tend to weigh myself every morning just for my own interest, but I only record it once a week as that is so much more likely to show your actual progress rather than your water fluctuations

THIS.
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    So i've come to the nasty habit of weighing myself EVERY morning when I wake up. :indifferent: This isn't a good thing when you make a bad choice the day before (i.e yesterday - pizza! :embarassed: ) So today when I stepped on I had gained a little over a pound back. How often do you weigh yourself? How often SHOULD you weigh in?

I am a lot like you and weigh myself everyday. I try to log only once a week but, have been know to log twice when in my favor...just a little bonus cheating :blushing:
  • MissColleenG
    Options
    Can someone message me and tell me how to get my weight loss scale to show up when i reply to a thread? (the pounds lost thing).. Thank you!! Much appreciated.
  • Zumbagurl64
    Zumbagurl64 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning when i get out of bed, helps me stay accountable and know via MFP diary, what is working for me and what is not, post weight to mfp about 1/week...
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Never :happy: Haven't owned a scale or weighed for 48 days & counting. I used to have a major obsession with the scale which would result in me sabotaging myself when I didn't see results or if I saw an unexplainable gain. Not anymore :drinker:
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    every tuesday morning. no reason to make myself nuts over the daily swings, and also like to see a bigger loss number each time.
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I weigh every single morning and record it once a week. It helps keep me accountable.

This is what I've been doing and also thought it would keep me accountable, but today I've read three seperate stories showing how the scale is a horrible demon trying to destroy you and all of the positivity you've been working so hard to keep for ladies who are doing primarily strength training, like me. So my weight has been barely moving/going up and my measurements haven't been moving either. I'm going to put the scale away and weigh myself every month now, I think.
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    So i've come to the nasty habit of weighing myself EVERY morning when I wake up. :indifferent: This isn't a good thing when you make a bad choice the day before (i.e yesterday - pizza! :embarassed: ) So today when I stepped on I had gained a little over a pound back. How often do you weigh yourself? How often SHOULD you weigh in?

Weight daily same time morning. Record once a week or so. Measurements (neck, waist, hips) every 2-3 weeks or when I think about it. Using a body fat % monitor once a week or so. That is interesting to track as well. It goes up and down a bit like weight, but the trend is important if you have those sort of goals.
  • kvissy
    kvissy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Everyday, sometimes twice.

This week I'm having my sister hide my scale and let it resurface on Friday morning.
  • gurganuss
    gurganuss Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning and only log once a week and only if it is a loss, otherwise I discourage myself.