Help me design a workout

Options
I'm "resetting" my goals and weight. I've not been good to myself over the winter & track season because it's really hard to get to the gym when I'm working 7AM to 6PM and still have to look after though house.

I'm reasonably fit and fairly strong, great leg strength and good arm strength. I've put some weigh around my middle, and a lot of the muscles that I COULD be showing are hiding. I'm not looking to do a lot of muscle adding as I am looking to drop fat.

Stats:

Male, 185lbs (estimate, but probably within 1-2lbs) 5'8"
Current "good" defined areas" Calves, thighs, upper back/shoulder area
Current "Ok" areas that could be great with a little work: Arms
Current "needs most attention" areas: stomach , love handles

Primary goal(s): drop fat, gain definition. Not looking to be terribly bulky though.
Secondary: clean up existing definition, add a bit of muscle to arms & back, drop about 10lbs or so.

Help with ideas for getting started?

Good exercises (currently not machine/weight bearing as I can't use my right hand to lift weights because of stitches from a deep laceration) that can help define, tone and help with fat burn. I'm not all that up on different work outs, so a simple explanation would help me a lot.

Feel free to add in some weights & such, but again, a brief explanation would be very helpful. I'll start adding these in once my thumb is able to stand the gripping the weights & bars.
**Note - due to a bad knee injury, something I CAN NOT do without causing even more damage is squats and similar.

Thanks for any help! Looking forward to getting started this week!

JM

Replies