Water Aerobics

Options
gemiwing
gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
I'm going to the gym with a friend this morning (hi you!), and I'm going to do water aerobics for the first time. What can I expect? It's fifty minutes long and I'm nervous about that. I'm taking along my glucometer just to be safe... but what is the workout like?

Replies

• BillieS
    BillieS Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Water aerobics, in my opinion, is one of the best exercises you can do. It is easy on the joints. The water resistance gives you a great workout without being so hard on the joints. Good luck and hope you enjoy it.
  • gemiwing
    Options
    Thank you Billie- I'm really excited. I've always wanted to try it. I'm worried about the exertion but I'm hopeful that I can hack it! Well, that and my bloodsugar doesn't spike! Eeek!
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    I did water aerobics a few times (the YWCA has since closed :noway: ) and I'd love to do it again. Usually you work out in the shallow end, and do kicks and arm lifts and walking back and forth. It is a great workout. I recommend wearing pool shoes. Can't wait to hear how it went for you!
  • gemiwing
    Options
    I'm so excited- I'm sure I'll bug everyone and reply to my post three times haha :blushing:

I think I can handle fifty minutes if it's pretty gentle. Now a stairmaster? *thud*