What is your flaw as a friend????

Replies

• I don't text.

LOL That's cute.... whereas i never like talking on the fone and only text!
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    I don't text.

This is not a flaw this is awesome!

My flaw is I always say yes so others can be happy. I never want to disappoint anyone and I get upset when I am not treated with the same respect I give. I need to learn to tactfully put more boundaries in my life.
  • I'm a grudge holder...for life.

I find forgiveness very difficult and it's something that I'm working on. I'm not perfect so I know I shouldn't expect others to be either. I'm pretty sure that the reason I don't trust too many people is because of this, as well.
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    I tend to become a loner every now and again. I will avoid phone calls and text messages when I just want and need some Donna time. I should be open with my friends instead of hiding out away from them. I am actually getting better at this though.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,749 Member
    I don't have any friends. :sad:
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    I just simply hate my friends. At least the ones I hang around with the most (the ones I grew up with). But no worries, I am tell them this fact often and the feeling is mutual.
  • duhblond
    duhblond Posts: 138 Member
    I'm told I don't share enough about my feelings so I guess I'm not emotionally open... or something O_o
    (i don't really see that as a flaw but I guess my friends do lol)
  • kym117
    kym117 Posts: 315 Member
    After talking with my bestest friend today. I have this pattern of talking to someone or seeing someone everyday & then i just fall off the face of the earth for a few weeks. Im usually gathering my thought. keeping myself company. basically me alone time,being a loner for a few weeks. This is a bad habit & is a major friend flaw on my part. Question to my MFP friends: What would be Your flaw as a friend??

I must admit this does sound a little like me,I tend to see friends maybe once a week then I vanish for 3 months! I work a lot of early shifts 4.45am alarm calls then go to my mothers who does not keep very well do what I need to do there and get home to my own housework, husband and doggy by the time I get home I don't want to go back out. I find it difficult balancing time between work/family commitments. I often feel quite guilty about my lack of visits, but then when I go back and see them again it just picks up as normal and we have loads to talkabout.
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    I'm a grudge holder...for life.

I find forgiveness very difficult and it's something that I'm working on. I'm not perfect so I know I shouldn't expect others to be either. I'm pretty sure that the reason I don't trust too many people is because of this, as well.

^This too but, if you did something so bad to me that you made me hold a grudge then it's bad enough that it will last a lifetime and I'm fine with that.
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    After talking with my bestest friend today. I have this pattern of talking to someone or seeing someone everyday & then i just fall off the face of the earth for a few weeks. Im usually gathering my thought. keeping myself company. basically me alone time,being a loner for a few weeks. This is a bad habit & is a major friend flaw on my part. Question to my MFP friends: What would be Your flaw as a friend??

I do much the same thing sometimes. I suspect it's linked to seasonal depression, in my case, and has improved a lot in the last year since I started taking a vitamin D3 pill each morning.
  • bowties_r_cool
    bowties_r_cool Posts: 66 Member
    I am bad at telling stories of my life that matches their current situation. I usually do this to make a point and show a reason, lesson, or moral. But looking back I fear that they think I am just shallow :( I am just trying to relate and show them I understand and then I usually offer support. I feel like they think I am self-centered. I am trying to work on this. I usually stop myself halfway through a story, apologize, and just state the point I was trying to make with the story.
  • ajohn252
    ajohn252 Posts: 158
    Technology is my enemy so don`t expect me to check
    my phone or even keep it charged for that matter.
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Rape. It always ends in rape.

I guess I am going to show one of my flaws as a friend here...sometimes I am just too brutally hotest with my feelings.

This quote, I am sure was supposed to be funny......

But its not.

Still friends?
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,266 Member
    that i hate talking on the ph and will avoid calls. (id rather text)

Im also WAY too honest.

Also, i can be jealous of friends who have it easy while I slave away, which is stupid, because im doing pretty well.
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Rape. It always ends in rape.

I assume this is a joke and I don't want to sound like an *sshole, but, as a father of 3 girls, I have to say I find this offensive.

I think Macaulay Culkin might tell you it's not just limited to girls...
  • mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    I am bad at telling stories of my life that matches their current situation. I usually do this to make a point and show a reason, lesson, or moral. But looking back I fear that they think I am just shallow :( I am just trying to relate and show them I understand and then I usually offer support. I feel like they think I am self-centered. I am trying to work on this. I usually stop myself halfway through a story, apologize, and just state the point I was trying to make with the story.

This is exactly what I do. For me it is a huge flaw. I am working on it too!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,010 Member
    I am too awesome and set unrealistic expectations for those that hang out with me often.
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    I am too awesome and set unrealistic expectations for those that hang out with me often.

LOL, wish I had that problem! I'll have to work on that.
  • RikanSoulja
    RikanSoulja Posts: 463 Member
    I care too much
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,749 Member
    I am super loyal and will do anything for my friends no matter how far away you live.