New, Nursing and Need Friends

Options
doty2
doty2 Posts: 3 Member
I am not new to how the sight works I was on here before I got pregnant. Baby was born in December and I am currently breastfeeding and in need of major help. Im looking for other nursing moms who would like to help me get my life back on track :smile:

Replies

• mamsa
    mamsa Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Mine was born in November and I'm nursing too. I have two older kids (9 & 6) and I'm tired of being so out of shape that I can't properly play with them. I want to be an inspiration not an excuse. I just started on this site though and still feeling my way around. But I can tell it's going to help me. My main problem is that I'm SO tired from nursing at night (I haven't been great at getting him a schedule), that even though I had grand plans, during the day I'm exhausted. I work 9-2 out of the house and do have someone helping me with the baby during that time, but by 2:30, kids are home and crazy evenings begin which make me even more tired. Need to figure out how to get out of this cycle because I definitely don't want to continue to look like this. I've never been athletic. Pear shaped ALWAYS. Oh and finally, I feel like breastfeeding makes me really hungry. We can do this though. I mean, if we can do pregnancy and birthing a baby, we can do this...
  • Kat51313
    Kat51313 Posts: 18
    Options
    if it's all right with you, I'd like to add you both to keep me motivated. I'm the 34 year old nursing mother of a seven week old daughter and my son just turned 3 a month ago... yet with my hands this full the weight is definitely not falling off....

I can understand the nursing making you hungrier... a calzone from a restaurant up the street used to last me three meals. Now it's gone in one. Apparently willpower is not a strong point of mine.
  • viadelorosa03
    Options
    My son is four months now. I'm breastfeeding so I get being hungry all the time. Almonds and water are my secret weapons.I've found that snacking on almonds throughout the day and drinking a bunch of water really helps fight cravings. I'm down 28 since the week after I delivered. 3 lbs. lower than pre-pregnancy weight (still need to loose about 10-15 lbs though). I'm running a 5k on saturday. It's not been easy, but I've found I'm a much better mom and wife when I make time for myself and I feel great eating clean and exercising. Hope this motivates you gals. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I have a 3 month old - and 3 older children, as well. I'm nursing, but have had to supplement b/c I couldn't keep up with her demand. I have managed to drop almost 47 pounds since giving birth in January (40 pregnancy weight and almost 7 extra). I still want to lose another 30-35 pounds. Any of you are free to add me, if you like. :)