Someone give me a 6 week plan.

Options
Alright, So im just starting to feel strong again after breaking my ankle in March. I can run outside, not sprint, but about 4mph. And the longest run so far has been about 4 miles.

So I go to Hawaii in exactly 6 weeks. Chan anyone give me a great 6 week routine to stick to? I love the gym, and after wednesday will have everyday to be able to work out.

I currently eat high protien, lower carbs. Around 1200-1500 calories.

I want to get in as good as shape as I can in the next 6 weeks. I am not aimed towards "looking good" in Hawaii, but rather fitter, because Im going there to work on my familys farm, and dont want to die. Ive been working on weightloss for a while...

Should I focus on cardio? 30min-1hr a day?
Or should I lift every other day and REALLY fine tune my diet?

I donno what do you guys think?

Oh! I am about 193#'s at 5'4".
Me now:
dqqd85.jpg

Replies

• knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Look at bodyrock.tv! they're starting a new 30 day challenge today which I'm planning on starting and they are going to focus on all aspects. Its all free and they'll have diet tips as well, and after the 30 days they always have workouts mon-fri. I really enjoy them and think they work me more than just going to the gym!
  • jenfactor
    jenfactor Posts: 124
    Options
    Maybe check out the New Rules of Lifting for Women (book)? The first phase six weeks and it's all strength training. I'm reading it now!
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    What island are you going to? My paretns are in Kauai.

What about doing the C25k program and lift weights on your off days. I have also heard the New Rules of Lifting for Women is really good.
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    What island are you going to? My paretns are in Kauai.

What about doing the C25k program and lift weights on your off days. I have also heard the New Rules of Lifting for Women is really good.

Ill look for that book.

My famiyl has a fruit farm on The Big Island. I havent been home in about 2 years, and dad bought my ticket to go help with the harvest. But I really need to get fitter then I am. The darn broken ankle hindered that a lot. I Was going to try and do 30 day shred, but I cannot do all the high impact yet like she does on her vid. My ankle is pretty okay, just not for jumping jacks and that sort.

I want to find a daily schedual and stick to it... Like every other day, these excersizes, or this distance.. I feel like that would help me a lot. Cause most days its just, 30,min-1hr on the elliptical... Or something like that.
  • SuperAmie
    SuperAmie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Along with w/e you choose, I am doing the 6wks 200 sit ups challenge. If you can find my groups (I dont know how haha) All this info's in the group, join or message the girl to let you in. Its easy :)http://www.twohundredsitups.com/index.html
    Im starting monday... and yes.. i am on level one lol!.

or you can see what ive commented on if you go to my profile.. find "Week One" and thats apart of the group. :)
  • shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    BodyRock.tv is a great suggestion or just come up with your own calendar. OR take some exercise dvds with you and use them while you are there. :)
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Just find some exercises you enjoy and do them consistently. Get some cardio into your routine 3-4 times a week, and find some strengthening exercises as well. You said you're going to a gym? It might be worth see if you can get a few classes with a personal trainer to teach you how to lift, or even just see if one of the trainers at the gym can show you how to use the equipment.
  • kristenlees122
    Options
    hmm cardio (for me) is more effective, and i do weights / strength 3 times a week :)
  • bluemorpho1247
    bluemorpho1247 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Do Slim in 6- the workout programme :)
  • CallieM15
    Options
    Do Slim in 6- the workout programme :)

Googleing.
  • CallieM15
    Options
    So i was going to kind of do this... If others have additions or suggestions please let me know!
    This is with 1200-1500 calories of lower carb, high protien. Also, 100 situp in am, 100 in pm.

14v4bq8.jpg