Looking for friends who are focused on health...*waves*

After seeing a close family member with serious life changing heart problems at 58yo, I had a lightbulb moment that if I didn't start actually caring for my body and health, I am going to end up exactly the same. I'm female, 36, live in London and am 90lbs overweight.

So for the last 5 weeks I have been eating:
- whole foods, organic where possible
- no artificial anything
- no caffeine
- more protein, bit less carbs
- better fats
- loads of veggies, couple of bits of fruit a day
It almost feels like a switch has flicked in my brain, and I can't ever imagine going back to the way I previously thought about my health or food.

I started using MFP about 2 weeks ago, because I wanted to log what I was eating. I've been lurking for the last couple of days, once I found the community forums. I didn't have any idea how awesome the social networking side of MFP is as well!

I am keen to find any other like minded friends to motivate and support each other. I'm in for the long haul on major lifestyle change based around health, one step at a time. If you want to buddy up..let me know! :smile:

Replies

• Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Hi, my name is Kimberlee, 48. I love this site and it helps me focus on myself and my friends. I am here for you if you need me. Feel free to add me.
  • bozzalozza
    bozzalozza Posts: 39 Member
    Thanks Kimberlee! It's great to have your support. :-)
  • Hey I live over the water in Belfast... I am 50, an at the start of the year I started my journey, an joined nearly a month ago on Mfp, feel free to add me if you'd like, wishing you the best in your journey to a healthier new you.
  • FrustratedYoYoer
    FrustratedYoYoer Posts: 274 Member
    hi bozzalozza, feel free to add me x
  • _canuckrunner_
    _canuckrunner_ Posts: 364 Member
    Hi there - I've also eliminated a lot of 'crap' in my diet as well and try to eat 'real food' -- no ingredients more than 4 syllables or anything I can't pronounce!! Feel free to add me
  • dellashanks
    dellashanks Posts: 207 Member
    You can add me if you like! I have a bit to lose as well and I love it here. On daily so I try to offer lotsa support!
  • runmybunsoff
    runmybunsoff Posts: 224 Member
    *waving back* Hi, feel free to add me too!
  • Lmaass1
    Lmaass1 Posts: 33 Member
    You can add me :)! I am pretty new as well.
  • christenwypy
    christenwypy Posts: 335 Member
    My main reason for starting this is like yours- for health. It's probably not a great attitude to have, but I really did not care very much what i looked like once I met my husband. We love each other no matter what and both let ourselves go especially through pregnancies. But having very high cholesterol, being prediabetic, and finding out I have a heart condition- not to mention aches and pains- was enough to get me motivated.