Home Scales pls help!!

Options
I've been shopping for a scale for awhile now. I'll keep them for a week to see if there is a change in weight and either it goes up 10lb or down 20lb. I'm at wits end right now. Is there any scales that you would recommend for me to buy? I dont want to spend a lot of money so something $50 or less. Also, I have carpeting all throughout my apt as well as my bathroom, would that affect the scale? My friend told me to put it in the tube and stand on it, is that true?

Replies

• jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I thnk carpet can have an effect, but I'm not sure. I got a cheap digital scale at Wal mart and like it ok, but its on a hard surface. It may vary a bit but not 10 or 20 pounds ever.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    You can't beat this one imo:

http://www.amazon.com/Eatsmart-Precision-Bathroom-Technology-440-Pounds/dp/B0032TNPOE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1335806837&sr=8-3

Yes, carpeting will affect any scale. Buy a small piece of 1/2" plywood from a home improvement store and put it under the scale. I wouldn't bother with the tub, it's probably not perfectly level and you'd more than likely damage the surface.
  • DanceForever904
    DanceForever904 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    i love my scale...i got mine at walgreens for 10 bucks! good luck
  • davidduggin
    davidduggin Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Carpet will make you weigh lighter but if you put your scale in the bathtub you should get a good reading. Just make sure you don't slip. Weight Watcher scales are good and they can be purchased at Walmart for under $ 40.00.:flowerforyou: