Lots of left over calories by lunch time!

Options
Drawberry
Drawberry Posts: 104 Member
Good afternoon fitness biscuits!

I am pretty new to the website and would really like to hear some opinions on this matter. After getting my personalized calorie intake goal and beginning to plug in my meals today I've come up with a little under 1000 calories left to my day and It's already almost 2pm. Without eating the whole chocolate cake on the table I can't possibly imagine how I am going to consume over 1000 calories for the rest of the day! Even a 500 calorie dinner seem's pretty large. I have more exercise planned before dinner as well as more after dinner-which will give me even more calories 'back' I believe?

My exercises consist of sit ups, push ups, lunges, weighted side lunges, squats, weighted squats, about 20 minutes of yoga, and then more weight training.

My profile is public, but to make it easier on everyone here is what I've consumed today:
Breakfast: Calories|Carbs|Fat| Protein
Generic - Omelette- 2 Egg White, 1 Whole Egg, 1 omelette 124 0 7 14
Pepper - Green Bell Pepper - 1/4 Cup, 1/4 cup 7 2 0 1
Onions - Raw, 1 tbsp chopped 4 1 0 0
Generic - Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese, 1/10 cup 28 0 2 3
Arizona - Green Tea W/ Ginseng and Honey (11.5 oz) 100 26 0 0
263 29 9 18

Lunch
Homemade - Chili Homemade With Beans, Veg and Beef, 1 cup 80 27 13 5
Water - Municipal, 2 cup (8 fl oz per cup) 0 0 0 0
108 27 15 8
Snacks
Fruit - Oranges, 1 Medium 60 15 0 1

Calories|Carbs|Fat|Protein
Totals: 431 71 24 27
Your Daily Goal: 1,403 192 46 52
Remaining: 972 121 22 25

According to the graph I earned an extra 203 calories today from my mornings exercise (about 40-50 minutes), If I do another 2 rounds of light exercise (and I plan on making my afternoon workouts more intense then the morning or night ones) that would give me a total of at least 600 'extra' calories for today assuming each time I work out I get approximately 200 calories 'back'. How important is for me to meet my calorie mark each day?Is it an absolute MUST for me to consume as close to 1200 calories? I don't feel right eating for the sake of eating-as this alone is one of my problems! Boyfriend doesn't get home until nearly 8pm and I don't want to be eating that late in the evening either. When I get 'calories back' from workouts is it important for me to consume that extra amount back as well? MUST I absolutely eat 200 extra calories because I've burned it off?

It just seem's impossible for me to eat 1200 when at 2 in the afternoon I still have nearly 1000 left and will be getting even MORE back from the rest of my work outs! Any advice you guy's have is much appreciated.

Replies

• ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon fitness biscuits!

I am pretty new to the website and would really like to hear some opinions on this matter. After getting my personalized calorie intake goal and beginning to plug in my meals today I've come up with a little under 1000 calories left to my day and It's already almost 2pm. Without eating the whole chocolate cake on the table I can't possibly imagine how I am going to consume over 1000 calories for the rest of the day! Even a 500 calorie dinner seem's pretty large. I have more exercise planned before dinner as well as more after dinner-which will give me even more calories 'back' I believe?

My exercises consist of sit ups, push ups, lunges, weighted side lunges, squats, weighted squats, about 20 minutes of yoga, and then more weight training.

My profile is public, but to make it easier on everyone here is what I've consumed today:
    Breakfast: Calories|Carbs|Fat| Protein
    Generic - Omelette- 2 Egg White, 1 Whole Egg, 1 omelette 124 0 7 14
    Pepper - Green Bell Pepper - 1/4 Cup, 1/4 cup 7 2 0 1
    Onions - Raw, 1 tbsp chopped 4 1 0 0
    Arizona - Green Tea W/ Ginseng and Honey (11.5 oz) 100 26 0 0
    263 29 9 18

Lunch
    Homemade - Chili Homemade With Beans, Veg and Beef, 1 cup 80 27 13 5
    Water - Municipal, 2 cup (8 fl oz per cup) 0 0 0 0
    108 27 15 8
    Snacks
    Fruit - Oranges, 1 Medium 60 15 0 1

Calories|Carbs|Fat|Protein
    Totals: 431 71 24 27
    Your Daily Goal: 1,403 192 46 52
    Remaining: 972 121 22 25

According to the graph I earned an extra 203 calories today from my mornings exercise (about 40-50 minutes), If I do another 2 rounds of light exercise (and I plan on making my afternoon workouts more intense then the morning or night ones) that would give me a total of at least 600 'extra' calories for today assuming each time I work out I get approximately 200 calories 'back'. How important is for me to meet my calorie mark each day?Is it an absolute MUST for me to consume as close to 1200 calories? I don't feel right eating for the sake of eating-as this alone is one of my problems! Boyfriend doesn't get home until nearly 8pm and I don't want to be eating that late in the evening either. When I get 'calories back' from workouts is it important for me to consume that extra amount back as well? MUST I absolutely eat 200 extra calories because I've burned it off?

It just seem's impossible for me to eat 1200 when at 2 in the afternoon I still have nearly 1000 left and will be getting even MORE back from the rest of my work outs! Any advice you guy's have is much appreciated.

You can't really change what's already happened, but try planning it better for tomorrow.

You could have 2 whole eggs for your omelette rather than just use egg white.

Use olive oil when you cook the chilli - eat a little more of the chilli, or more of the cheese on top.

Add a snack am/pm like nuts which are calorie dense - just a handful can give you 150 calories.

Adding extra calories does not mean adding extra volume if you are too full.
  • Drawberry
    Drawberry Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thank you Ladyraven!
    I guess it get's so into your head that snacking is bad so you avoid it all together, but perhaps I've been moderating myself TOO strictly. I don't normally eat just egg whites and found that it was lacking in a lot of flavor even with the addition of veggies and cheese so I definitely think I'll stick with two full eggs next time...