Honest reply only !!!!!

Options

Replies

• Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    hello all,

How many of you have lost weight/got fit using any protein or medication or any other stuff

If your weight loss is real without all the above , please post pics

Much appreciated

Thanks,
    Sonia

I don't think you know what protein powder is.
    It makes you bulky DUHH gosh some people's children!
  • TrophyWifeSass
    TrophyWifeSass Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs and steak daily.

^^^^^Reported for using unhealthy methods and bragging about it.
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I have lost weight successfully and maintained (for years) without using either of those things.

This time I am sometimes using protein drinks as a snack, not as a meal replacement, because I've ramped up my exercise program more than I ever have and I am not enough of a meat eater to keep up with my protein needs. I don't drink them daily. I could, but they keep selling out of the one I actually like. I do try to do it twice a week on my heaviest work out days. The rest of the time I just gauge how I did that day and let it go unless it was really low. I'm trying to learn to put protein in every meal.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    can you please rephase the potato?

Mmmmm... twice phrased potato!

Is that like, twice baked with whey powder??
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs and steak daily.
    Yeah, but you don't share. If you did, it would be okay.
  • TriciaAllen7251
    TriciaAllen7251 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    This is so wrong. Why would using tools make your weight loss any more real? Did you go to the gym, it's a tool like WLS, mediation, protein supps. Did you use a treadmill - I guess that means your weight loss is "real"? Each person needs different tools to meet their goals. My weight loss is as real and was as difficult as yours. This statement is so wrong!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I fit the parameters of your question, but I have nothing against protein powder.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    l474656098.jpg

assuming you meant without protein shakes and stuff- cause um... i dont know how to not eat ANY protein.
  • FinalOutrage
    Options
    hello all,

How many of you have lost weight/got fit using any protein or medication or any other stuff

If your weight loss is real without all the above , please post pics

Much appreciated

Thanks,
    Sonia
    > protein
    > If your weight loss is real without all the above

Not sure if serious...
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    i really lost weight.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend has a hairy big toe.
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    well I'm a work in progress so no pics for you but I have lost about 25 pounds and I will down a protein shake once in a while just to get my numbers up when I'm not hungry. It's just protein its not going to make you big or bulky like everything else your going to have to put in the work.
  • melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    Options
    I would like to see the responses to this. I am very interested to see the people that lost weight WITHOUT any protein. :)

My thoughts exactly. Eating air these days, are we?

I use whey protein shakes in supplement to my meals. My meals consist of 4oz protein in the form of chicken, fish or lean grass fed beef or wild game, and 2 oz of cooked complex carbs with about 2 cups of raw or quick blanched organic veggies. I make my own sauces and dressings with coconut or macadamia nut oils.

I also supplement with krill oil, multi-vitamin, probiotics, and vitamin D3.

When I got serious about getting healthy, I did the research and took several months to transition to something that I feel works for me - no diet pills or crazy diets. My diary is open, you can check out what I do and how much I eat.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I consume protein mainly from meat, eggs, dairy products, soy, etc. I use protein powders to add to this amount when I lift. The vast majority of my weight loss as been from a calorie deficit and cardio.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    banned for having a stellar *kitten*
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    why does protein matter? Protein powders such as whey isn't bad for you.. I wouldn't lump it in with taking medicines and what not. weird...

All of my success has been achieved through healthy food choices...including protein powder, and diligence with a consistent workout schedule.
  • RobynDCrossman
    Options
    Wow. What a wretched post. "Real" weight loss? All weight loss is real - no matter how you attain it.
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    crap. Not supposed to eat fat, then carbs, now protein! I am going to be seriously hungry.
  • RobynDCrossman
    Options
    can you please rephase the potato?

This!
  • Lovely_Doll
    Options
    I haven't used any weight loss pills or protein pills. Then again I haven't lost much weight anyways. :p
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!