Day off from working out and scared! help

Options
2»

Replies

• tryinghard71
    Options
    wow, you all are amazing! Funny how my anxiety is already dropping. Thanks for the advice and the pep talk. Needed it. :)
  • wells0707
    wells0707 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    My rule for endulging is usually to NOT go over maintenance calories for the day. You don't have to hit your number for losing weight, but I try not to go over maintenance either so I don't reverse the effects of the week. No research behind this or anything..just my personal attitude. Good luck and enjoy tonight :)
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Just enjoy yourself at dinner and don't worry about calories. One day will not ruin your progress.

To a degree. There are people who can eat an entire large pizza, myself included, and if we were to do this on a rest day, it would indeed set us back days.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Just remember to drink lots of water because mexican food is loaded with sodium!
    More to the point, don't freak out if you weigh yourself tomorrow and find you've put on 4lb!

Well, unless you eat about 14,000 calories tonight, in which case you've got good reason to freak out! :bigsmile:
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Just enjoy yourself at dinner and don't worry about calories. One day will not ruin your progress.

To a degree. There are people who can eat an entire large pizza, myself included, and if we were to do this on a rest day, it would indeed set us back days.
    Yes, I'm short so me too, now I'm down to a healthy weight.

At 1200 calories a day, if I eat back my exercise calories (which I don't always do) my deficit is 160 a day, or 1120 a week, or over 21 days to lose 1lb. Eating a large pizza could easily wipe out a whole week's healthy eating!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    calm down, relax, go enjoy the Mexican food and your family. ONE day isn't going to make any difference. Really. It isn't. You get to enjoy your life even when focusing on getting healthier.
  • DOElston
    DOElston Posts: 102
    Options
    I think its VERY helpful to look at your calorie intake in the Weekly Average function. This puts things in perspective and gives you the big picture of your progress - especially if you have a day-off from getting "extra" exercise calories and might go over a bit.