Any Females 5'2" - 5'4" that weigh above 190?

Options

Replies

• Squirkie
    Squirkie Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm 5'3' and currently 203. My goal weight is 145. My highest was 220 when I was pregnant with my now 10yr old. Somehow I just can't seem to get it together. I know I need to lose the weight and I'm not afraid of exercising but my diet is horrible. I keep eating the wrong things over and over again, sabatoging myself. Unfortunately, I have the taste buds of a child. I don't eat anything but pasta, bread and sugar...all the things I should be cutting out :( Any help would be appreciated...
  • kchavez22
    kchavez22 Posts: 2
    Options
    tell me about your journey, I really need some motivation. I am 5ft and weigh 190lbs. Thanks
  • poesh_lady
    poesh_lady Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 5ft 2 and 210.6lbs looking to get to 140lb - could do with some motivation and chit chat to others going throught the same as me, quite on my own with it and I am fed up so much being the way I am. Please add me if you like :)
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm 5'3' and currently 203. My goal weight is 145. My highest was 220 when I was pregnant with my now 10yr old. Somehow I just can't seem to get it together. I know I need to lose the weight and I'm not afraid of exercising but my diet is horrible. I keep eating the wrong things over and over again, sabatoging myself. Unfortunately, I have the taste buds of a child. I don't eat anything but pasta, bread and sugar...all the things I should be cutting out :( Any help would be appreciated...

Have you considered a metabolism makeover or detox; in which you avoid those foods for 2-3 weeks to get them out of your system?? That's my first thought.
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    I'm even shorter, only 5' even, and started at 202. Currently sitting at about 164 and going down! :smile:

GOOD FOR YOU!!!! Let's keep watching that little fishy swim towards the right!
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 2 ".I am currently 204 with previous weight being 226. My goal weight is 160. Slowly but surely. You can add me if u like.
  • Prudiddy
    Prudiddy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I'm in the purple I am 36 yrs old 196 pounds and 5ft 4in

I'm in your corner add me as a friend we'll work together. I lost 10 pounds so far.
  • Squirkie
    Squirkie Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    ...my diet is horrible. I keep eating the wrong things over and over again, sabatoging myself. Unfortunately, I have the taste buds of a child. I don't eat anything but pasta, bread and sugar...all the things I should be cutting out :( Any help would be appreciated...

Have you considered a metabolism makeover or detox; in which you avoid those foods for 2-3 weeks to get them out of your system?? That's my first thought.

Never tried a metabolism makeover, what's that? & if I cut them out for 2-3 weeks, what are some of the things I could eat instead?
  • Laurielronic
    Laurielronic Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and currently weigh 196. I started MFP at 215 and have lost 19 over the past (almost) 3 months.
  • Candydefrain
    Options
    I'm also 5'3" and I weigh 191. I'm lookin on her to se if anyone would like to be a mfp friend. I too could use encouragement. I'm a single mom in school ft work pt with 2 kids. I've been fighting my weight for most of my life. I got to my heaviest at 212 about a year ago. Hope someone else can relate and w can motivate eachother. Chin up! Keep going!
  • jzaz903
    jzaz903 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    5'3" here. Started at 270, down to 212.8.
    Feel free to add me! I like having active friends!
  • mtngirldownsouth
    Options
    I am 5'2 and about 188.I am slowly creeping upward and it is killing me health wise. I would like to be at 155 that's a comfortable weight for me.I just started on here. I'm hoping it will encourage me to keep on the right track.:smile:
  • Roachimumpty
    Roachimumpty Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was about 252 pounds and am down to 230 pounds And i'm 5'3. :)
    Its really good to see all these shorties losing weight, go you guys :)
  • Broejen
    Broejen Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and currently 211lbs. I was 135 in grade 11 which would be awesome to be again, but I'd be happy with 150.
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    i am 5'4" ~ 6 Months ago i was 223 pounds.
    currently 145

Say what ??????????????? How is that even possible ?
  • Mendelianparakeets
    Options
    That would be me!!! I am 5'2" and weigh in at 214....My smallest was actually 105 in high school, not looking to go there again. My goal weight right now is 150. I sometimes think that this is too high b/c all the short ladies want to be lower but oh well! I am developing some nice muscle, have worked out everyday for the last 49 days and am having a hard time loosing pounds.

I'm very short too and my goal is 150. I figure I can always aim for lower if I think I'd be best doing so. I just want to see how I feel at that particular point without getting too ahead of myself.

My highest was about 185 between junior year and the beginning of senior year in high school. Around that time, I began to pull my act together and get as low as 177, but then my weight started to drift back up toward 180 or so.
    Now I am back at it.
  • SheilaN1976
    SheilaN1976 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    i am 5'4" and am 201.2 lbs. i have been struggling on losing weight for the last 11 yrs.
  • Beba1980
    Options
    I'm 5'3.5 and I weight 280 pounds. I have lost weight since being up here and I too noticed that many women around these heights are considerably smaller. Don't let that get you down. Not everyone has the same body type or the same life. Things will always be different but as long as it's your difference it's all that matters.
  • thechaffinmexican
    Options
    Wow! It is so encouraging to see all you lovely shorter ladies having such awesome success! I really was starting to feel like I was the biggest 5'3 out there! Lol

I'm 5'3 and weigh about 210 right now. My goal is 175. That's the lowest weight I've ever been, as an adult. I figure that's way more realistic for me than the Jillian Michael's website suggestion of 119!! 119?! I haven't weighed that much since I was 10 years old. :laugh:

Good luck, everyone! Go us!
  • asprague917
    Options
    im 5' 4.75" so a little taller but a couple months ago i hit the 200# mark and decided i needed to do something. when i got on here i was at 198 i think....past few weeks ive gotten down to 193.8 and am aiming for 140 sometime soon i think.

i was at that in january '11 but then i got pregnant and gained 45# lost 30 then gained back 40 :( so working on getting rid of all this baby weight before i have my next one.

feel free to add me :)