Girly Business (TOM)

Options
Meg_78
Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
Not really sure where to put this, but I'm curious if others have experienced this too.

...before I stared getting fit and exercising, I always heard of the benefits of exercise for period pain, as well as being told all the things that supposedly make them worse (smoking, bad foods yadda yadda), and I have to say I really didn't believe it at all, thought it was total BS and took comfort in my chocolate, and cigarettes and hot baths (not all at the same time) and basically moped my way though several awful days of PMS and nauseating period cramps....But it turns out "THEY" might have been right about this. I'm 3 months free from smoking and 6 weeks in to a regular exercise program. And really I have to admit, thought the moodiness and bloat are well and truly present, the mood swings are no where near as dramatic and more importantly, the pain level is non existent most of the time, I actually wouldn't really even know that I had my period right now...it's a bit stunning actually, and I'm kicking myself in the butt for not believing this sooner, cause I could have really saved myself a good 5-10 years of god awful sickening crampiness.

Anyone else feel this way??

Replies

• JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    no....I feel the exact opposite!! LMAO!!

when i only dieted w/o excercize (calorie restricting probably too drasticly) I did not have a visit from flow for 10 years...now that I eat well and excercize I do...and I hate IT! since increasing my excercize signifigantly its WAY worse....and pretty unpredictable. UGHHHHHHHHHHH!

good for you LOL!! you know I kid!
    I always heard of the benefits of exercise for period pain, as well as being told all the things that supposedly make them worse (smoking, bad foods yadda yadda), and I have to say I really didn't believe it at all, thought it was total BS and took comfort in my chocolate, and cigarettes and hot baths (not all at the same time)

^^^^^^ and why the heck wouldnt you partake in all thgese things at once??? :drinker:
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I always heard of the benefits of exercise for period pain, as well as being told all the things that supposedly make them worse (smoking, bad foods yadda yadda), and I have to say I really didn't believe it at all, thought it was total BS and took comfort in my chocolate, and cigarettes and hot baths (not all at the same time)

^^^^^^ and why the heck wouldnt you partake in all thgese things at once??? :drinker:

...Yeah i kinda did when I was younger (and before I met my man!) but that was when I was a student and it was still acceptable to smoke anywhere and everywhere (including the bath) all the time! LOL :blushing: