Had my eyes slapped open now I am on a mission.

Options
Hi. I am Jennifer. I am 33 and very very overweight. I have 200 lbs to lose. Yep that is a huge number. I have been heavy since I was 5. Have tried to diet, failed repeatedly. I have two children who are 6 and 4. I am going to school to get my bachelor's in psychology and then on to my master's.

I have fought my weight for so long I had become pretty disillusioned about how really big I had become. I was with my kids dad for five years and have been single now almost three years. He was unfortunately emotionally and mentally abusive. So that being my first real relationship only compounded my worth issues. I was determined however to get out there and live life. I started online dating and it was ok. I met a guy a couple of weeks ago. Seemed to hit it off. He liked bigger women. Then I thought I should send him a full body pic of me.....well that went over like a lead balloon. He informed I was bigger than what he is attracted to but would like to stay friends.

Ouch that hurt....but as much as the truth hurts it heals too. I had not realized I had gotten as big as I am. So I resolved right there in that minute to never have to be turned down like that again...well at least not for being a size 26 anyway. I realized I was taking times away from my kids, and adding a burden to them in my later years if I did not do something NOW. that was last Wednesday. I got back on MFP (joined 9 months ago half heartedly). Started walking and rallied my friends behind me.

Something snapped in my brain. I want this, this being; a healthy body and healthy life more than I want junk food. I have a whole life ahead of me. One filled with activity and life. I have no illusions this will be easy. But nothing in life worth having is easy. So my goal is 200lbs gone by the time I graduate in 2014.

Replies

• TinaCleg_cancel
    Options
    You can do it Jen. Add me if you need support. This is a great place to find it.
  • tryinghard71
    Options
    You can do it!! If you need more friends feel free to add me. Love the support on MFP. Everyone here is so friendly and all here for the same reason.
  • laurieblair2012
    Options
    That realization, no matter, how difficult, is life-changing. It's your turning point. Keep moving, and keep the faith. You CAN do it. :)
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Congrats on taking the first step. WIth the mind set you are in right now - you WILL do this.

Feel free to add me for additional support and encouragement!!

Welcome Back!!
  • ggmay49
    ggmay49 Posts: 9
    Options
    I know where you're coming from. I never saw myself as being as overweight as I am. I have 100 pounds to lose. I still don't till I look at pictures of me (OHHH IS THAT ME!). Yes it is. Time to realize that I'm only getting bigger if I continue to eat the way I am and not be responsible. This program really works if you are determined. Let's do it together. Offering all the support I can and taking all the support I can get. Here's to Us - we can do it!
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Congrats on taking the first step. WIth the mind set you are in right now - you WILL do this.

Feel free to add me for additional support and encouragement!!

Welcome Back!!

Sorry, somehow this posted twice
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    You can do this and your are worth it! You are your #1 fan! Great job wanting a healthier life! Add me if you would like.
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry that happened to you, but I'm glad you found your motivation in it. Best of luck, you CAN do this!!
  • Ashleyxjamie
    Ashleyxjamie Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    you got this hun!! Add me for some support, we are all here for you!
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I have 100+ to lose-feel free to add me!!!
  • lizzynewm
    lizzynewm Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    sometimes it takes that painful realization to really have the gumption to turn it all around. you've already made a giant step by both confronting the issue and signing up here! feel free to add me, i'm on a mission too!
  • donna9089
    donna9089 Posts: 87
    Options
    Congrats Jen! That realization is a great NSV! You CAN do this and deserve it.
  • teekee2
    teekee2 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Stay positive! You can do this and there are a ton of people on MFP that can support you in your journey!
  • msudaisy28
    msudaisy28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Two years to lose 200 lbs will be a challenge (that's assuming you graduate in April 2014, not later in the year) but with dedication you can do this! Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like the support!
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    That's the spirit! I like the passion you're coming at this with, just be careful not to flare up and burn out as so many do. Gentle, lifelong changes ftw!
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    You have taken the hardest and biggest step in this process. If you want support, please feel free to add me.
  • tiffanic83
    Options
    I will add you :) I have close to that to lose as well. Its going to be a journey, but it will be a journey of also discovering how worth it you are. Lets do it :)
  • justjen33
    Options
    WOW thanks to all of you! I know I am in the right place!
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    That's me as well... I look in the mirror and think it's not that bad...but it is. My family is suffering for it too. I want to grow old as healthy as possible! We can do it!
  • Jules_1111
    Options
    you can do it! The first step is the hardest, and you've conquered that. :) I'll add you. :)