Can anyone recommend a heart rate monitor

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    Polar FT7 I got mine in January and I love it.....it is easy to use and provides a lot of information. :bigsmile:
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I use a Garmin 705 on my bike and it gives me all that I want, graphing out the heart rate against the terain, etc.
  • michelegrayson
    Options
    highly recommend Polar F4. Highly recommend you AVOID Timex Ironman...piece of crap and almost twice the price.
  • abigailhutch
    Options
    Polar FT4 is awesome! It's super affordable & tells you all you need to know! I love mine! Got it on amazon.com for like $68 w/free shipping!
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4! It's easy to set up and use! I love it!
  • 50ishFoodie
    50ishFoodie Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have a Timex Digital Heart Rate Monitor and it works great!
  • toomanycurves
    toomanycurves Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I am very pleased with my Polar FT1.
  • AmandaLAcosta
    Options
    Polar FT4 Love it !!!
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Polar FT7 for the win. Looks good enough to wear as a casual/sports watch and does everything you need it to. Chest strap is comfortable... hands down the best HRM I've owned.
  • MaryBowen27
    MaryBowen27 Posts: 132
    Options
    Polar FT4 for the win!
  • viser_haut
    viser_haut Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT7 :happy: I think most people agree on a Polar HRM, it just depends on how much you're looking to spend as to which model you go for! :smile:
  • mogriff1
    mogriff1 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 (in pink), love it! It auto syncs to my gym's cardio machines. I use it for all of my workouts (cardio machines, aerobic classes, at home dvd's, Wii, walking my dogs, house work, etc. ) Very accurate and reliable. I got it on Amazon with free shipping for about $60-65.
  • Skeena4
    Skeena4 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I have a mio petite... works good and easy to use :)
  • felisel
    felisel Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wow I guess I should went with the Polar FT7.
  • tryinghard71
    Options
    I get my Polar FT40 today and I am excited and scared. Excited to see how much I burn. Scared that it will be lower than what I have been logging. Either way it will be good to know. :)
  • jenna715
    jenna715 Posts: 201
    Options
    I love my garmin forerunner 210. Its never failed me, plus its cute and i can wear it as a normal watch.
  • missigus
    missigus Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I use a Zephyr HRM it is compatible with my Endomondo tracking app on my droid phone. Kinda cool cuz it shows a map of where you went, distance, time, lap and split times, calories burned, and heart rate avg. I like it a lot. It's convienent since I like to have my phone with me anyway.
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4...it worked amazingly for 6 months, then stopped tracking my HR completely or gave me odd results like 180 bpm when I was simply walking, or 50 bpm when I was doing P90X Plyo! So, I havent really used it in over a year now...

....any ideas as to why I am getting such wacky readings?
  • lizzzylou
    lizzzylou Posts: 325
    Options
    bump for later
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7. I like it a lot, but I'm having issues with it. Waiting to get a free minute to call Polar so I can see if it can be repaired.