30 Day Shred Question

Options
I just started the 30 DS and I am sore! I've always heard that you should give your muscles a day of recovery if you are doing strength training but I don't really want to take a day off from the program. Does anyone know if it would be better for my muscles to alternate through the levels so I'm not doing the same workout on the same tired muscles for 10 days straight? Or should I just keep on with the Level 1 until I'm done with my 10 days?

Replies

• suzikay12
    suzikay12 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have completed 30DS. I do it 6 days a week with Sundays as my day off. It's true you should give your muscles a day off when you do heavy lifting and completely burn out the muscle group. You are NOT doing that with 30DS. Keeping at it every day or alternating it with cardio days is most likely fine.

My first time through I was super sore on days 2, 3 and 4 (like had to brace myself when sitting down to pee because my leg muscles were screaming, kind of sore) I kept at it everyday. After my day 4 workout every sore muscle went away.

I don't know about rotating the levels. It's kind of a progression of difficulty so level 2 or 3 might be too much for a beginner. Probably would depend on your fitness level.

Sorry, I kind of started rambling, it's been a long day.
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    the different levels seem to largely target the same muscles, so i don't think rotating will help ;) plus i could not have done level 2 at the beginning.

i don't do it every day. this is not a race, for me. i do shred 1 day, cardio the next. if a muscle group is sore, i let it rest and work a different group.

if you really want to do it every day, maybe use lighter weights when sore, and go a little less deep into the movement.
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Would you ladies who have done it/are doing it consider it more resistance/strength than cardio? My doc wants me to do more strength training and less cardio.
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    imo you shouldn't do it for 30 days straight. (even jm said that herself).
    Your body needs rest days. even pro athletes have rest days.

yes do it for 30 days, just not 30 consecutive days. So if that means, 2 days of 30ds, 1 day off, 3 days, 1 day off, so be it.
  • suzikay12
    suzikay12 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Would you ladies who have done it/are doing it consider it more resistance/strength than cardio? My doc wants me to do more strength training and less cardio.

I would consider it to be more strength than cardio.