Eating on Rest Days

Options
2»

Replies

• modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I am definately famished the day after lifting....and always crave steak! I don't eat back excercise calories, I just eat my tdee every day.
  • Maddy__H
    Maddy__H Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I find it helps to limit Carb intake on rest days and focus on protein and healthy fats! Keeps me fuller for longer and when not lifting your body does not need the extra fuel from carbs, but the fat and protein for recovery!
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • lc52820
    lc52820 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    glad i'm not alone! posted this to stop me from becoming slave to the peanut butter jar :tongue:

My favorite snack! LOL

It seems like whenever I start working out after not doing so for awhile, I am just starving all the time. Now that I'm into more of a routine, it seems like things have balanced out a bit. If anything, a lot of times I'll "earn" extra calories through exercise but then I'm not hungry enough to eat all of them.
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,979 Member
    Options
    I find it helps to limit Carb intake on rest days and focus on protein and healthy fats! Keeps me fuller for longer and when not lifting your body does not need the extra fuel from carbs, but the fat and protein for recovery!
    This is interesting. I agree that on a rest day you don't need the extra carbs.

I find out that if I eat a carb in the morning....I have a HARD TIME staying away from the carbs the rest of the day.
    However when I eat protein in the morning(ie shake and eggs) I don't reallly even think about eating the carbs.
    ?It feels like its almost a phsycological thing? or biological? my body actually craving a protein and me feeding it the wrong nutrient.
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,979 Member
    Options
    glad i'm not alone! posted this to stop me from becoming slave to the peanut butter jar :tongue:

My favorite snack! LOL

It seems like whenever I start working out after not doing so for awhile, I am just starving all the time. Now that I'm into more of a routine, it seems like things have balanced out a bit. If anything, a lot of times I'll "earn" extra calories through exercise but then I'm not hungry enough to eat all of them.

Oh god...peanut butter. One teaspoon more often than not, leads to eating a cup. I am not sure what the properties are in peanuts (I eat Naturally More with Flax)....but I am tottally addicted to it so, I try to NEVER eat it - as I go overboard. Almost like a recovering "peanut butter aholic" One taste is all it takes.