Is this true?

Options
2»

Replies

• KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    If it's on a poster, don't believe it.

Really, cus I really want that kitten to 'Hang in there!' :)
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    no

I don't understand. Please elaborate.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    if u dont eat a decent amount of protein after you workout, u just wasted your time. so thats good you eat after your workoout!

What fool told you this? A workout is Never wasted. If you want to gain the most from your workout for muscle structure and protein absorption, intake protein.

As for the op... No. Again, just more marketing to sell you crap. Calories are calories no matter when you ingest them.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    if u dont eat a decent amount of protein after you workout, u just wasted your time. so thats good you eat after your workoout!

638c0fc3-9a34-4739-a352-249c008a0c07.jpg
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    no

no, it's not true.

also, you would be better able to understand this if you were to remove your shirt.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Not Bally's, but my local gym (only 2 of them in the chain here in Philly). I figured if it was on a poster it was crap, LMAO :) And of course the gym locker room is also filled with posters that say you MUST have a post-workout shake right after you finish your workout. I knew that wasn't true, lol :)
  • ninick
    ninick Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    So you have to eat right after you workout? How soon after you workout because my GF has been at the gym with me and for 5+ weeks with me and she still hasn't lost weight. She works out and doesn't eat until an hour maybe more after we've left. I tell her to eat but she doesn't seem to want to listen to me. I'm at the point where it's upsetting me. But it took her awhile for her to even want to go with me to the gym. How can I help her understand?

http://www.shape.com/weight-loss/weight-loss-strategies/ask-diet-doctor-best-post-workout-snack

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recipes/snacks/low-calorie/after-workout-snacks/

I've read it in a few of these magazines before, basically they all said that if you eat (the right foods) right after your work out, it goes into muscle recovery.

For a while, my weight loss was stalled even though I worked out 4-5 times a week, but recently I upped my calories intake by eating back some of my work out calories and having some protein shake with little bit of carb 30 min after my work out and i've started losing weight again. Hopefully this helps your gf. :)
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    no

no, it's not true.

also, you would be better able to understand this if you were to remove your shirt.
    Yea this ^^^^^
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    ninick...I don't mean to pick on you...but shape, and fitness magazine aren't exactly reliable sources of information...being as how the majority of their income is from advertisers selling...uhh, post workout snacks and shakes.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    anabolic_tinted.png
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Right after you workout your metabolism is highest for the day, and the food you eat will go to replacing muscle glycogen stores if you've done cardio and start the process of repairing muscle damage if you've done strength training- but there is nothing preventing surplus food you eat right after a workout from being stored as fat. You can't eat a big basket of cheese fries and expect it not to count because its right after your workout.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^^
    And the emphasis is only replacing glycogen (carbs). Some protein would be nice, but your body will repair your muscles in it's normal time frame anyway. But replacing the energy your depleted so you're ready to go for the next workout is important. In my experience this applies more to strength workouts than straight cardio, but I could definitely be wrong on that.
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    If it's on a poster, don't believe it.

Really, cus I really want that kitten to 'Hang in there!' :)

^ LMFAO :laugh: