Hello everyone!

My name is Marcus, 22 years old and I am new here. I read about this place lately, so figured I would give it a shot. Here is some back ground information on myself.

I am 6'4, around 400 lbs. I played sports in high school, (baseball, soccer, football) but stopped after graduating due to injuries to my ankles and knees due to football I suppose my weight didn't help with that. Every once in a while I will go play a pickup game with friends when there is an opportunity. I only work 3 days a week, part time at a movie theater but on those days I am on my feet for 7 hours at a time. Recently I have started walking around my neighborhood again at night before going to sleep. I am progressively going further and further. I try to jog a little bit it it puts a lot of stress onto my ankle.

The thing about me is that I avoid fast food, and am not winded from walking up stairs or steps or anywhere really. I tend to just stop when my ankle or knee starts to lock up. I don't know how to explain it. It is like I am a skinny person trapped in some other guys fat body. It is very frustrating, and has done quite a bit to me mentally. I just need help. I really am at a loss as to what I am supposed to do. I am legitimately scared. I don't talk about it with anyone, because I know how they will act and what they will do. I have thought about going to a nutritionist lately, but fund are not readily available for that.

Anyway, enough of my rambling. I just hope this helps.

Replies

• _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,412 Member
    Welcome Marcus and good luck! Feel free to add me if you'd like. I'm no expert but I'm motivated and am on here everyday if you need support.
  • math1182
    math1182 Posts: 15
    Hi Marcus, great post. Add me as a friend if you like.
  • Thank you both very much.