Probiotics

Options
Beppy8
Beppy8 Posts: 9 Member
I was interested in trying a probiotic and in doing research on the Internet I am more confused than ever. Has anyone ever tried probiotics and did they find they helped with digestion and stomach issues such as gas, diarrhea, IBS symptoms? What brand did you use? I know there is a lot of information right for the new Align product by Proctor and Gamble but I find it hard to trust drug companies that push their drugs so hard onto the public. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Replies

• FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options
    I used one but my insides are pretty healthy. I can't remember the brand. I did have a nail fungus that cleared up after using them. I also felt amazing.
    :flowerforyou:
  • teachparents
    teachparents Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I am using Acidophilus (life brand which is the shoppers drug mart brand here in canada). I saw a documentary on tv that these probiotics not only helped with digestive system, but with depression and focus. I find i have more energy and definetly lost the bloatiness feeling in my abdomen. Hope that helps!
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I take a probiotic supplement every morning and have definitely noticed a difference. (in a good way!:wink: )
    I started them to help boost my immune system since it is directly related to your intestines. But the added benefits are a great bonus! I can tell it helps with digestion and is better than any antacid.

I even got my boyfriend to start taking them and now he's hooked, even though he was wary of the box that says "containes 1 billion organisms!" :laugh:
  • Beppy8
    Beppy8 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all who replied.

Channing -
    What brand do you buy?
  • erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I have IBS and I find that they make me worse :frown: I think it very much depends on your stomach and gut!