Lose 10 pounds in May

Options

Replies

• twins1617
    twins1617 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    First time to join these groups! Had twins 6 months ago and I really need to get back to my pre-preggo weight! Here we go...

CW: 166
    GW: 156 (for this month only)

What will I do: Started a "lean meats & veggies diet" this week so I will continue that and I will start Brazilian Butt Lift Workout videos. Good luck to us all!!
  • gaby0324
    gaby0324 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm In!
    CW: 170
    GW: 159

I started counting ALL my calories and also doing Jillian's Ripped in 30 five times a week.
    You guys can add me if you need support. I certainly do!!!
  • cbsmith14
    cbsmith14 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    CW: 165
    GW: 155

How will I do it? Well, controlling myself and not let my "cheat" day turn into a cheat weekend is a start. I'm also going to workout every day, M-F. My weeks always start off good, then go terribly, horribly wrong...

Totally can relate on the cheat day becoming a cheat weekend... been happening all darn April!!! This is the END!

10311887.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • rach7turtle
    rach7turtle Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm IN!

CW: 130
    GW: 120

I run outside now that it's warmer and am wanting to watch my carbs and sugars.
  • carriereid24
    carriereid24 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

Planning to eat cleaner and not cheat on weekends!

Also might start Tracy Anderson's metamorphosis DVDs
  • empenTen
    empenTen Posts: 29
    Options
    CW 181
    GW 171 (UGW - 147)

I am upping the exercise stakes this month and taking part in the www.mybodyrock.tv 30 day May challenge as well as committing to interval training on the bike 3 times a week.
  • peacek
    peacek Posts: 211
    Options
    I know this thread is of to a slow start, but I am happy to see so many people!!!!

Don't forget to track here:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgJ41sPkM9-PdEI0VkFKM2hpdG9sQzFMR0toSjVLamc

On May 8th, we will be checking who lost the most percentage of weight? :happy:
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    So far dropped 1 lb. YAY!
  • cheetosandburritos
    cheetosandburritos Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! Cheetos checking in. This week did not go so well.
    Last week- 165
    This week- 168
    So now I have 3 weeks to lose 13 pounds. That's probably not going to happen. I'm on vacation this week (I'm just popping on a computer this morning to weigh in and say hi), and I've eaten out in restaurants almost every day. I still don't think I ate 3 pounds worth of extra food. Feel free to check out my diary; I think it's open to everyone. I'm going to hope it's water weight and continue to do what I'm doing this week, and maybe through in a diuretic. Hope everyone else did better than me! Have a great week everyone!

**Edit- I just logged everything I can remember from the past few days. Ignore my comment about not eating much over what I usually do. I was ridiculously over every day.**
  • peacek
    Options
    Hi, I lost a pound!!!
    SW: 150
    May 8th: 149
  • peacek
    Options
  • Lady3683
    Lady3683 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm late starting but I'm going to do what I can to meet this goal by the end of the month. I'm using the C25K program, and plan on starting the 30 day Shred again.
  • LadySuze
    LadySuze Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I had a bad week :( I didn't watch what I ate and gained 3 lbs...
    I'm starting turbo jam today, to get an extra workout with the ripped in 30 program I'm following...
    I'm going to really watch what I eat too.

I hope I have better results next week!
  • codiem
    codiem Posts: 19
    Options
    I know I'm a little late, but I'd like to join!
    Weight on May 1: 215
    GW (for May): 205
    CW: 212

I already lost 3 lbs this month, so I really hope I can lose the last 7! My hubby is coming home from deployment end of June and I'd love to be under 200 when he sees me! I have a personal trainer I see 1-2 times a week and do cardio and strength training 4 times a week. I plan to add at least one more day/week to work out and count my calories. Also, intake more water.
  • cheetosandburritos
    cheetosandburritos Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I had a bad week :( I didn't watch what I ate and gained 3 lbs...
    I'm starting turbo jam today, to get an extra workout with the ripped in 30 program I'm following...
    I'm going to really watch what I eat too.

I hope I have better results next week!

Same thing happened to me this past week :(
  • LadySuze
    LadySuze Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    @Cheetosandburn: I'm so mad at myself right now! I'm right back where I started...
  • peacek
    Options
    I see that some of us did not login their weight on May 8th.
    There is still time.

Login and see how you did compared to others. It's so much fun when you are in a group!!!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgJ41sPkM9-PdEI0VkFKM2hpdG9sQzFMR0toSjVLamc#gid=0
  • cbsmith14
    cbsmith14 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I have to preface this by saying that each of you deserves to feel good about going for this really tough goal.

That being said I hope to vent a little to get a little supprt ...

I feel like I tried pretty hard this week and I only lost a pound.

I've been doing this for a while and during the first 2 months I lost 10 pounds each month.
    I was so excited, and very very proud.

In April I moved homes, traveled, and while I was tracking my cals here, my workouts were spotty at best. I didn't gain.
    But I lost nothing the whole month.

So that's why I started this challange. I thought if I had my head in the game I would go back to where I was losing 1-3 pounds every week.

I don't know what I did differently this week than one of the weeks when I lost 3 pounds.
    I use my fitbit, I don't eat back all my calorie adjustments but when I get a good workout in I do eat back some.

I don't really expect a solution from y'all except to try get in another workout or two a week. I will.
    And I am proud of what I've done on the whole...

but AAAHHHRRRG!

I just wanna scream a little....

Thanks for listening :)

IMPORTANT PS:

To all those who also lost 1 pound in week one... PLEASE don't take offense.
    You be proud. You worked HARD! Believe me I KNOW how hard.
    This post was just for me so that I don't take my frustration out on my boo or burst into tears or something...
    He doesn't deserve that :)
    Go on with your bad selves... we got time to hit this goal!

10311887.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • bridget_124
    bridget_124 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    CW: 145
    GW: 135
    Eating healthier and mixing up my work outs.
  • hobbsnd
    hobbsnd Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I work out 5 times a week (strength training 3 days/week and cardio 5 days/week) and cannot lose any weight. Would love to lose 10 pounds by June 15. I started tracking my food intake yesterday and according to the website I should be eating more. I don't get it. I'm almost 60 years old. Any advice?