banana babies

Options
Innerglow
Innerglow Posts: 1,074 Member
This isn't exactly a recipe but i just bought these "popsicles" called banana babies. It's only 110 calories for half a frozen banana dipped in either milk or dark chocolate:smooched: They were so good,i can't remember the brand but if you like bananas and chocolate you're gonna be heaven!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    ooh! that sounds delicious! and i loove bananas! hmm.
    i think im going to try making my own, and dip them in peanut butter too! a few extra cals, but its a little protein and pretty much my favourite flavours i the whole wide world :p
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    They are so easy to make...try it and they'll probably be just as good.
    Just freeze the banana in the skin, once it's froxen peel it and dip it into melted chocolate and place it on a pan covered in wax paper and place them back in the freezer. :happy:
  • bluroses
    bluroses Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Maybe I was doing it wrong, but I can *never* get frozen bananas peeled. I always peel them first, them put them in ziploc bags.
  • tabchanges
    tabchanges Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    MEGAN - I am coming over and you are giving me one. :angry:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Just freeze the banana in the skin, once it's froxen peel it and dip it into melted chocolate and place it on a pan covered in wax paper and place them back in the freezer. :happy:

is there any particular reason why you freeze in the skin?
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I love these things, but I can't eat them. They hurt my teeth possibly more than anything else on earth!

I have super sensitive teeth.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options

is there any particular reason why you freeze in the skin?

I just toss them in when they get to ripe, that way I don't have to waste any plastic baggies or anything. Besides they may sit in my freezer for a good 3 weeks or so before I do anything with them.
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    This isn't exactly a recipe but i just bought these "popsicles" called banana babies. It's only 110 calories for half a frozen banana dipped in either milk or dark chocolate:smooched: They were so good,i can't remember the brand but if you like bananas and chocolate you're gonna be heaven!:flowerforyou:
    They are SO good!:blushing: The company name is Diana's bananas. The box says theyalso make them dipped in milk chocolate and peanuts, but stores around here don't carry those. Never tried to make them myself, but now think I just might try!:smile:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    if you add the smallest bit of butter to melting chocolate, it melts really smooth and nice.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    this is such a good idea!!!!
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, haven't gotten to try these yet, but these are buy one get one free at Publix this week.
    :wink:
  • Innerglow
    Options
    MEGAN - I am coming over and you are giving me one. :angry:

hahahah, ok see you in a few! (sorry it took me so long to come back to my own thread, no wonder i'm a thread killer)
  • Innerglow
    Options
    They are SO good!:blushing: The company name is Diana's bananas. The box says theyalso make them dipped in milk chocolate and peanuts, but stores around here don't carry those. Never tried to make them myself, but now think I just might try!:smile:

I knew it was a womans name but ::whispering:: I was at work when i posted:tongue: so I couldn't remember the name and i didn't have the box:laugh: