whoa. White Kidney Bean - Blocks Carbs?

Options
anyone heard of this? white kidney beans blocking carbs? heard there are a few carb blocker supplements with white kidney bean as the main ingredient and it has worked wonders for those on a low carb diet

Replies

• _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    This smells of Dr. Oz.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    When I was low carbing quite a few years ago, there were multiple 'supplements' out there that made this claim. I quite frankly don't believe it.

The only way to completely block carbs is to have surgery or not eat them. :)
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Yes, this reeks of Dr. Oz branded quackery.

Just stick with a well balanced diet that makes you happy, a fair amount of activity, and patience.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    This smells of Dr. Oz.
    Damn -- you are good!

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/7-day-miracle-plan-boost-your-metabolism?page=4

"White bean extract blocks starch and prevents carbs from being absorbed in the body. Studies show if you absorb fewer calories, you’ll lose fat and your metabolism will speed up. Take one tablet each day before a meal. Purchase vials of 120 tablets online for about $20."

By the way, Dr. Oz is a ****head. One carb magically blocking other carbs? Sheesh.

Kidney beans do help me block anyone from being in the same room with me about an hour later.

• california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I have heard that white kidney beans are delicious! I like to use them in soups! They will make you fart.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    If this were true, it would make me not want to eat them.
  • TomMac1949
    TomMac1949 Posts: 3
    Options
    There's actually some pretty good research on white kidney bean extract at www.phase2info.com. Several clinical studies show this particular brand, Phase 2 Carb Controller, reduces the digestion of starch and aids in weight control. But, beware, all white kidney bean extracts are not created equal. There is no research on generic white kidney bean extract to show it is either effective or safe.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    the only way to block carbs is to build a barricade between them and yourself.

Anyway, carbs are delicious.
  • peaceinside
    peaceinside Posts: 272
    Options
    This smells of Dr. Oz.
    Damn -- you are good!

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/7-day-miracle-plan-boost-your-metabolism?page=4

"White bean extract blocks starch and prevents carbs from being absorbed in the body. Studies show if you absorb fewer calories, you’ll lose fat and your metabolism will speed up. Take one tablet each day before a meal. Purchase vials of 120 tablets online for about $20."

By the way, Dr. Oz is a ****head. One carb magically blocking other carbs? Sheesh.

Kidney beans do help me block anyone from being in the same room with me about an hour later.

Hahahehe You got that right!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    This smells of Dr. Oz.

I concur
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    They will make you fart.
    If this were true, it would make me want to eat them.

Fixed all of that for you.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    When I was low carbing quite a few years ago, there were multiple 'supplements' out there that made this claim. I quite frankly don't believe it.

There is a surgery to block carbs???? what surgery is this?

OP I don't believe anything really blocks carbs except refraining from them... but carbs are delicious and refraining from eating them is just silly.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Carb blocker?
    What does that mean?
    :grumble:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Mayo is dairy.

Fact.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Mayo is dairy.

Fact.
    Eggs and vinegar?
    I hope you're being sarcastic.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options

There's a surgery that blocks carbs?
  • exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    By the way, Dr. Oz is a ****head.

This.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I don't think they 'block carbs' -- white kidney beans, along with black beans, lentils, etc are slow burning carbs, therefore, they don't hit your system like starchy/fruity carbs.