What do you eat when you REALLY want junk?! (Girls)

Options
124»

Replies

• honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I must be lucky because I never notice an increase in cravings or appetite around that time. I always thought the chocolate thing was just a myth or a dumb stereotype but clearly it's not! lol

When I do want junk though, I usually crave fast food. Either a burger or something from taco bell. That or extra sharp cheddar cheese (a lot of it!). I do have the occasional day where I just want to eat whatever I want and not care at all.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I am having ice cream now as I type :love:
  • WonderCort
    WonderCort Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    When that time comes for me, i try to drink A TON of water, and i get a tub of peanut butter and ...

Me too. I do the same thing with the water, water, water, and peanut butter. I prefer it with apples, bananas, whole wheat crackers, by itself....I love my peanut butter. I am also big into bite sized corn chips with 3 or less ingredients with salsa on the side. I have to moderate the serving intake but sometimes I REALLY want a salty.
  • honeysprinkles
    Options
    I am not a big sweets person, so I don't crave more than maybe a candy bar. Honestly, a single candy bar WON'T kill you, nor will it cause you to gain pounds back. It's only if you go out and grab a 30 piece Valentine's chocolate box and dig in, going so far as licking the wrappers.

When I'm on my period, I crave either Ruffles potato chips with french onion dip+salsa or a Heath bar. If this is the case, I ask my husband before work to pick it up for me on the way home. Usually, though, before he's done I end up texting him to not bother because I'm not craving it anymore or I had a few hours to mull it over and decided not to. Or I ended up eating something healthy and not feeling hungry anymore.

Lately, though, I've been craving milk more than chocolate.

Have a glass of milk and an apple. See where that gets you. :)

My problem is that i KNOW i wont stop at a candy bar. I want to just KEEP EATING. I'll go for those cheetos then and so on and so on. If i could stop at 1 candy bar i probably would get it. Ugh. Okay going to try the peanut butter!
    Just be careful with peanut butter, it's healthy, but it has a lot of calories. a candy bar usually has about 200-250 calories...that's only 2-2.5 T of peanut butter! I'd rather have the candy lol
  • kristin1219
    Options
    I'm the worst....I always want cape cod reduced fat chips--wonderful and salty and crunchy haha....and I will eat half a bag at a time. I just can't stop! but, I get it out of my system and then I'm ok until the next time a few weeks down the road. and it hasnt effected anything thus far
  • Elise_healthy4life
    Elise_healthy4life Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow icecreams or popcorn or I make a real hearty meal to fill me up so I don't feel like eating any more
  • Tweet4421
    Options
    Portions are everything. It's ok to eat junk food just try not to over indulge. sometimes a small potion goes along way. That way you satisfied your craving & still stayed on track with your diet.:smile:
  • raisingbabyk
    raisingbabyk Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    i allow myself the chocolate and work in into my calories
  • FitBlitz
    FitBlitz Posts: 146
    Options
    Just had sugar-free strawberry jello (made with club soda) and lite cool whip. It was sooo good. :D
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I am not a big sweets person, so I don't crave more than maybe a candy bar. Honestly, a single candy bar WON'T kill you, nor will it cause you to gain pounds back. It's only if you go out and grab a 30 piece Valentine's chocolate box and dig in, going so far as licking the wrappers.

When I'm on my period, I crave either Ruffles potato chips with french onion dip+salsa or a Heath bar. If this is the case, I ask my husband before work to pick it up for me on the way home. Usually, though, before he's done I end up texting him to not bother because I'm not craving it anymore or I had a few hours to mull it over and decided not to. Or I ended up eating something healthy and not feeling hungry anymore.

My problem is that i KNOW i wont stop at a candy bar. I want to just KEEP EATING. I'll go for those cheetos then and so on and so on. If i could stop at 1 candy bar i probably would get it. Ugh. Okay going to try the peanut butter!
    Just be careful with peanut butter, it's healthy, but it has a lot of calories. a candy bar usually has about 200-250 calories...that's only 2-2.5 T of peanut butter! I'd rather have the candy lol

SO true. But isn't the peanut butter a healthier, better option than the candy? It does suck how many calories are in it though!
  • honeysprinkles
    Options

SO true. But isn't the peanut butter a healthier, better option than the candy? It does suck how many calories are in it though!
    Healthy is subjective, it all depends on your goals. For me, I mostly pay attention to calories and sodium and I'd rather eat 200 calories of something that I want compared to 200 calories of something healthier. I think it's just a matter of personal preference/goals!
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Good point.
  • Candoall
    Candoall Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    For sweet cravings
    Caramel rice cakes, sometimes will add a tbsp of fat free sugar free strawberry perserves on top
    Toast whole wheat bread (45 cals per slice) and spread a layer of perserves
    Corn pops, fiber one caramel, cheerios caramel, or just about any cereal eaten dry
    Rainbow sherbert
    One or two servings of angel food cake, topped w/perserves
    Low cal fat free instant jello pudding (lemon)
    Sugar free apple sauce
    Fresh pineapple (i'll eat the whole pineapple if the craving is intense)
    Sugar free gum, love the dessert flavors

For salt cravings
    Bacon and cheddar pita chips
    One serving of hot cheese popcorn
    White cheddar rice cakes
    Turkey sticks (they look like slim jims)
    Tomatoe & cucumber sprinkled w/apple cider or balsalmic vinegar, topped w/bacon bits

Thats all i can think of for now :)
  • mabell7779
    Options
    Popcorn, Jolly Time Healthy Pop, Apple Carmel.
  • da_sammit
    da_sammit Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    salt? hahaha. i dont really do much "junk".. my fav meal would be chicken marinated in honey and soy sauce. it blows out calories and salt but its better than going out and faceplanting a whopper value meal like i want to!!!