questions about Ab workouts

Options
I'm a 40yr old women who is looking for a way to tone her belly. It has been a lot years of not working it out due to medical issues then later having a child and now just plain laziness. I am looking for something that is quiet and easy to due and can be done at home with little equipment. I will also take any help with overall body toning. I have a stability ball which I got while in rehad and resistance bands as well as 3lb weights if that helps. I do have MS so things like lunges are hard for me when toning thighs. ok thanks in advance to anyone who is willing to help me with this challenge.

Replies

• Jo2926
    Jo2926 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Hi

Have you spoken to your doctor about exercise? If you've had medical issues, he or she might be able to set you off on the right path. The best exercise I think when starting out is walking and then you can start adding in basic resistance workout with your equipment.

good luck
    jodye
  • fruitloop2
    fruitloop2 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I do a strenght/toning circuit of various exercises. It looks along the lines of this...

- 1 set of 15 push ups
    - 1 set of 20 cross stomach crunches or bicycle style crunches
    - 1 set of 20 arm lifts over chest while laying down (3lbs weights)
    - 1 set of 20 reverse sit-ups
    - 1 set of 15 push ups
    -1 set of 20 backwards leg lifts
    - 1 set of 20 backwards leg kicks from kneeling
    - 1 set of 20 cross stomach crunches
    - 1 set of 15 push ups
    - 1 set of 20 side leg lifts from kneeling
    - 1 set of 20 reverse sit-ups
    - 1 set of 20 arm lifts over chest while laying down (3lbs weights)
    - 1 set of 15 push ups

I'm also doing the 30 day shred and I either walk outside or do an interval training on my treadmill.
  • icemaiden17_uk
    icemaiden17_uk Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    10 minute solutions flat belly fast! It has some aerobics in it and 4 other workouts at differing levels! Fantastic place to start and is cheap and requires no extra equipment other than a towel!! Also because it is in 10min sections it is well easy to fit into your day!!
  • fitnessfashionista17
    fitnessfashionista17 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Try doing POP Pilates. If you search it on Youtube there are tons of 10-15 minute videos to choose from, I think there is even a beginners exercise routine there. I usually do 4-5 of them to make one hour of excersice but you can start with one and add more when you feel ready. All you need for most of the routines is a mat or some of them are just standing.

Also pick a time each day and do a one minute plank, or break it up into sections if you cant do a full minute, just take a small break in between. Maybe add on 50 crunches or sit-ups and side planks if you feel up to it.
    Don't rush yourself, just take it day by day and you will eventually be able to get up to the level of fitness you want. Everyone gets off track sometimes :)
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    **** crunches. Do some squats with a bar (unless you aren't medically able.)
  • EverdayLife
    EverdayLife Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i do walk and ride a bike. I also sit on my stabilty ball while watching tv to keep core muscle engaged i just need a little more and doctor has ok anything as long as I feel comfortable and not over tired or dtressed