Daily food items.

Options
I'm really trying to watch what i'm eating, i'm trying to document everything [On here]
I need some low calories/low carb meals/snacks.

I'm a picky eater I like grapes, watermelon, apples, carrots. [Carrots is the only veggie, I like well and corn]
I like Chicken, turkey, hamburger.

I don't know if you can see my food items i've been eating over the last few days, but can some people give me some ideas, or tell me if the stuff i've been eating is good?

Replies

• punkypenny
    punkypenny Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I can't see your diary, but all those things sound good. Anything that grows out of the ground or had a mother is good. Just check the labels for hidden sugar, sodium, or preservatives. Feel free to add me. My diary is open to friends. Maybe it'll give you some ideas.
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    hmm.. how about hot-air popped popcorn? rice cakes? I enjoy fat free yogurt and low fat cottage cheese as well as almonds.
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I'm super picky about veggies too...and by picky, I mean I pretty much hated em all. I have tried to find recipes/preparations that mask or improve the taste of veggies I either don't like or have never tried. I have since tried/re-tried and grown to like/love:

Cauliflower
    Brussels Sprouts (fresh)
    Asparagus
    Broccoli
    Bell Peppers (all colors)
    Snow Peas/Sugar Snap Peas

It's really all in how you prepare/flavor them. Look around, try some different cooking methods/seasonings and see what you come up with!
  • justjustine1
    Options
    I have problems with carbs - love them too much! I try to do more protein/veggie combos like stir-fry, with the smallest portion of rice possible. You can make stir-fry veggies out of anything from broccoli to cabbage to bok choy - search online for yummy recipes too!

Also good snack ideas are: greek yogurt (tastes better than regular yogurt to me), carrot & cucumber sticks with light ranch dressing, FRUIT (my usuals are bananas, strawberries, kiwis, pears).

I made some chicken egg rolls, and baked them instead of pan frying - super yummy! Loaded with extra vegetables to make them healthier.

Lots of good ideas for recipes online if you do a search for low-carb or low calorie.

Good luck!!!
  • Lennox497
    Lennox497 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I would definitely add in some greens or some kind. The darker the better. At first I would use them as a component of another dish, but know I enjoy them flat out.

Spinach- good in an omlete or scramble
    broccoli - not much hiding with this, but I usually usually some light itailan dressing on them.
    Grilled veggies are yum too. Something about the texture and oil olive oil from the grilling makes them delishicious.
  • Dawn1000
    Dawn1000 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is an excellent, and in my opinion essential, idea. Veggies are my biggest issue, too. But I have come to realize that to have the most success with weight loss "and maintenance", it is essential to re-think the foods I am willing to try, and ensure that I add them. No matter how well you do, if you drift back to old habits afterwards, you will gain back the weight. So try those new recipes and new foods! Good luck!
  • chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Low calorie is dependent on portion.

Low carb? Meh, go for carbs that give you a bang for your buck.

Examples of stuff I eat all the damn time:

Quinoa
    Almonds
    Barley
    Snap Peas
    Carrotts
    Cauliflower
    Edemame (soybeans)
    Sweet Potatos
    EVERYTHING THAT SWIMS IN THE OCEAN, KILL IT AND EAT IT.
    Raw Honey
    Dark Berries, berries all over the place and in my mouth.
  • AshShayneSyd
    Options
    My problem is being so picky, i've just been having turkey sandwiches, pb/jelly sandwiches, corn, chicken, and that's pretty much it.
  • chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    My problem is being so picky, i've just been having turkey sandwiches, pb/jelly sandwiches, corn, chicken, and that's pretty much it.

Everything I listed is pretty much sexy and delicious.

Also if you are big on sandwhiches, try baking your own bread.

One my mom bakes and I go pick up on occasion is loaded with all kinds of goodness.
  • Will_Lift_4_Shoes
    Will_Lift_4_Shoes Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    bump for later :-)
  • tlc12078
    tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    One thing I do, is fry up a medium red potato n fat free canola oil, I dont use butter, or olive oil, just the spray, get hem soft, sprinkle on mrs dash n throw in a cup of frozen peppers, thats good stuff there. n less in cals about 145-150.