Did my boobs get bigger or smaller?

Options
So I was scrolling through the 'Working out with 'huge' boobs thread, and people were talking about band size vs cup size and how a 20E=18F=16G, however I, don't really understand this, although I've been wearing bras for quite some time now, I just always thought the all D cups were bigger than C cups, so anyways from my initial weight loss I went from 193 to 165, and went from a 36D to a 38 C, so did my boobs get bigger or smaller or did the band size just decrease?

Replies

• ProjectTae
    ProjectTae Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Your band size went up actually. When your band size goes up, your cup size goes down. (typically) For instance, I am a 34D or a 32DD. Sometimes a 36C but not often.
  • ProjectTae
    Options
    Your band size went up actually. When your band size goes up, your cup size goes down. (typically) For instance, I am a 34D or a 32DD. Sometimes a 36C but not often.

So they're in fact getting smaller *sigh* I had a smaller glimmer of hope that maybe I was too one of the girls who doesn't lose them with weight loss.
  • ryvenna
    ryvenna Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    giiiirl, lol.
    it's based on your around-chest dimension too... so someone who's really fat, with back rolls, might have smaller boobs, but still have to wear a larger bra size.

also, if you go bra hunting, keep in mind that if you're a 36c, you can also buy a 38b or a 40a. the cup size (a, b, c, etc.) may change, but so does the preceding #, which takes into account how you measure around your chest area.
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Just get some good bras! Push em up! :)
  • Chriztii
    Chriztii Posts: 94
    Options
    Stop complaining! I'm a 10A, you can't get much smaller then me and when i put on weight they did NOT get any bigger i was just a size 14A >.> You girls are lucky! :P
  • ProjectTae
    Options
    Just get some good bras! Push em up! :)

Does this mean they'll sag if they get smaller? Not that I have anything against it, I just don't really ever see myself getting a boob job and it would really suck to have a saggy chest before the age of 19.
  • ProjectTae
    Options
    Stop complaining! I'm a 10A, you can't get much smaller then me and when i put on weight they did NOT get any bigger i was just a size 14A >.> You girls are lucky! :P

It's no so much the size as it is the SAG, I'd take little perky boobs any day over saggy huge ones.
  • jsuaccounting
    jsuaccounting Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Nope. Most of the D sizes have a 'sister' C and B size. If you have narow sholders, you breasts may appear very full in smallish cup size. Can't strictly judge by bra size.
  • exdisneychick
    Options
    I have to disagree. If you pay attention when getting a bigger or smaller cup you will have extra room or fall out . It may not be the muffin top in front. It could be on the sides. I wear a 38 DDD. If I get a 36 I still need a DDD cup. The 36 will be tighter around so the cup fits differently. Getting a 40 will be too loose around but the cup will still fit.
  • ProjectTae
    Options
    I have to disagree. If you pay attention when getting a bigger or smaller cup you will have extra room or fall out . It may not be the muffin top in front. It could be on the sides. I wear a 38 DDD. If I get a 36 I still need a DDD cup. The 36 will be tighter around so the cup fits differently. Getting a 40 will be too loose around but the cup will still fit.

I'm more confused than ever now, so I tried on two of my old 36D bra and it fits even better than my 38 C because the band in tighter (I think), my boobs look more round and higher in this bra and when I try on my 38C they're sitting more naturally (flatter), so now I don't even know if I'm wearing the correct bra size?
  • ProjectTae
    Options
    And I noticed with the 38c I adjusted the straps to be supper small and I constantly pull the band down in the back.
  • exdisneychick
    Options
    I recommend going and getting sized. I always go to lane bryant because of needing DDD cup size. I have been sized by other places and they wanted to put me into crazy sizes. They all will size you for free and help you select the bra with the coverage, or lack of that you prefer. Since losing weight, I am needing to be sized again. I am getting room in my cup size. And I gotta say, Im not happy about the thought of my "girls" shrinking!
  • dolldreams
    dolldreams Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Most women are not wearing the proper bra size, so it's really hard to tell with some of them exactly WHAT is going on.

The correct way to measure for bra size is to take the measurement below your bust (at top of rib cage) and the measurement of the widest part of your bust.

Once you get those measurements, you will need to refer to a chart like this one: http://stores.ebay.com/CraigsPlace/Bras-Size-Guide.html

Just because you are 34 inches around below your bust does not mean you wear a 34 band size bra. A lot of women make that mistake. I am 34 inches around my under bust but wear a 38 band size for example. I'm a 38DD

Now how many of you are really wearing the correct bra size?
  • ProjectTae
    Options
    I recommend going and getting sized. I always go to lane bryant because of needing DDD cup size. I have been sized by other places and they wanted to put me into crazy sizes. They all will size you for free and help you select the bra with the coverage, or lack of that you prefer. Since losing weight, I am needing to be sized again. I am getting room in my cup size. And I gotta say, Im not happy about the thought of my "girls" shrinking!

I think I will because, I just measured with a tape measure and from that should wear a 36B but that doesn't seem right to me so I think getting sized is a good idea.
  • ProjectTae
    Options
    Most women are not wearing the proper bra size, so it's really hard to tell with some of them exactly WHAT is going on.

The correct way to measure for bra size is to take the measurement below your bust (at top of rib cage) and the measurement of the widest part of your bust.

Once you get those measurements, you will need to refer to a chart like this one: http://stores.ebay.com/CraigsPlace/Bras-Size-Guide.html

Just because you are 34 inches around below your bust does not mean you wear a 34 band size bra. A lot of women make that mistake. I am 34 inches around my under bust but wear a 38 band size for example. I'm a 38DD

Ok this chart was helpful so I am in fact at 36B, (32in around rib 38 around bust) so does this mean some major shrinkage occurred?, and why does my 36D bra still fit me?
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Just for the record...I HATE bras! :grumble:
    But I wish you luck in finding the right size. My daughters have always told me to go to Victoria's Secret for a proper fitting. I haven't done so yet.
  • dolldreams
    Options

Ok this chart was helpful so I am in fact at 36B, (32in around rib 38 around bust) so does this mean some major shrinkage occurred?, and why does my 36D bra still fit me?

It doesn't neccessarily mean that major shrinkage has occured in your breast tissue. You may have been wearing an incorrect size from the start. I can fit into a 36D or a 40C, etc but a 38DD just happens to fit me BEST.

What type of bras do you wear? If you are wearing those demi bras, they are designed to have your boobs basically hanging out at the top. It's really hard to tell what size you wear in certain types of bras. Ever really look at those Victoria's Secret models? Their boobs are hanging out over the tops of their bras so badly sometimes that they would never look right with a shirt over that; they'd have major quad-boob.

Easiest bra I've found to guage correct size is a quality, full coverage bra. Do your breasts get cut into at all at the top? Can you see any bra lines through your shirts? If so, your bra size is incorrect. Do you have lots of back fat being pushed around? Are you hanging out the side or being dug into by underwire? Same thing - incorrect bra size.

Oh and one that often gets overlooked: straps falling down. People think they just have slight shoulders. My shoulders are almost non-existant and yet my straps NEVER fall down. That's because I am wearing a correctly proportioned bra in the right size.
  • ProjectTae
    Options

It doesn't neccessarily mean that major shrinkage has occured in your breast tissue. You may have been wearing an incorrect size from the start. I can fit into a 36D or a 40C, etc but a 38DD just happens to fit me BEST.

What type of bras do you wear? If you are wearing those demi bras, they are designed to have your boobs basically hanging out at the top. It's really hard to tell what size you wear in certain types of bras. Ever really look at those Victoria's Secret models? Their boobs are hanging out over the tops of their bras so badly sometimes that they would never look right with a shirt over that; they'd have major quad-boob.

Easiest bra I've found to guage correct size is a quality, full coverage bra. Do your breasts get cut into at all at the top? Can you see any bra lines through your shirts? If so, your bra size is incorrect. Do you have lots of back fat being pushed around? Are you hanging out the side or being dug into by underwire? Same thing - incorrect bra size.

Oh and one that often gets overlooked: straps falling down. People think they just have slight shoulders. My shoulders are almost non-existant and yet my straps NEVER fall down. That's because I am wearing a correctly proportioned bra in the right size.

BINGO I definitely think, I'm in the wrong size I have the opposite of what your describing, I wear full coverage bras (where the under wire comes up in the front for more support), but my straps are always falling down, and there is space in between my boob and the cup vs them spilling out the top. It's like my boobs are just sitting in the bra vs them being squished up, but they're not completely filling it out.
  • dolldreams
    Options
    If you're not filling your cups out, you could be missing out on some wonderful support and the straps falling down is so annoying especially when you're trying to work out.

I went my whole life wearing the wrong size until I found that chart so I have lots of experience with ill fitting bras :happy:

I can't guarantee that you will find the right size just based on that one chart but it helped me. :flowerforyou: