Very Frustrated

Options
Hello All,

So I have been dieting for about 3 months and i have lost 5lbs which is great but i am so frustrated with myself. I go to the gym 4-5 times a week, I do a spin class once a week and i log all my food in and haven't been going over my calories. I feel like i should have lost more and when i see the scale going up again i get so mad. Maybe I am not trying hard enough... I don't know what to do, I don't want to be big anymore i am sick of it. Thanks for letting me vent!

Replies

• schmoopie1213
    Options
    you try maybe doing 100 crunches before going to bed!
    my friend does it you can see a change in her!!
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    Are you eating enough to compensate for all the exercise?
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I hear ya ... been at 141 for 3 weeks in a row and I got to see 139 for a day before going back up to 140 :grumble:.

I went ahead and increased my calories yesterday and will stay there for a few weeks before bumping back down. It's about 200 calories less than maintenance rather than 400 so it's still a deficit.

I think increasing calories periodically improves metabolism so when you go back down again it's more willing to let go of weight ... It sure beats teetering at a bigger deficit and waiting. And the last time I did it, I ended up losing weight on the bigger calorie allowance :laugh:.
  • MWalker583
    MWalker583 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Trust me; I very much understand exactly how you feel. I am so remorse about my weight, until I cry. I workout 4-5 days a week at 45 minutes or more, out of those days I have a Personal Trainer to come twice. I have been working out for 4 months and only lost 5 pounds and money to the Trainer as well. I do not eat bread, if I have rice or pasta it will only be for lunch. I cut my portion from large to small. Every time I mention Gastric or Lapband surgery people tell me NO, but they have no other suggestions. I have tired weight loss medication, group meeting, walking, and laughing. Someone help me and give me ideas or suggestions. IM sick and tired of being sick and tired. I wish I can help, but I think we both are experiencing the same thing at this moment.
  • GearJammer
    GearJammer Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    What you can try is not eating anything 3 hrs before you go to sleep at night.. That way your tummy may be empty and your body will burn off body fat for energy while you sleep... :tongue:
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    Try weight lifting/strength training. google strength training and losing weight and you'd be amazed how much info is out there. Too much cardio isn't always a good thing. Do some looking around.

good luck!!