FitBit Help

Options
izzyissy
izzyissy Posts: 48 Member
Hello Everyone,

Can you tell me when I go to the gym and have my FitBit on, do I hit start when I start my cardio and stop when its ended?
And then do I log this manually or does the fitbit upload this automatically? I don't want to count my cardio twice.
Thanks.Issy

Replies

• fkbourne
    fkbourne Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I dont do that. The only time I hit start and stop is to go to bed. I just go workout and then my fitbit keeps track of my activity and syncs with MFP. It takes awhile sometimes to sync and It will usually be a lower calorie count than what the machines at the gym say. I like it like that though bc I dont always trust the machines. It will only log on MFP as 1 min of activity but I dont care as long as it logs some calories burned.
  • kelhun1
    kelhun1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I haven't done it yet (just got mine today), but I believe you do hit the start at the beginning and end when you are done. This way, MFP will log it as an actual workout and separate it out from the other calories burned for the day. I believe it will then show an actual duration (i.e. 30 min) vs. the 1 min. default. But...like I said, I'm new to Fitbit. I'll try it tomorrow and try to let you know how it goes. :smile: