schmoopie1213
schmoopie1213 Posts: 40
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
help in need to lose wait

Replies

• pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Just do what MFP tells you to..
    eat the daily allotted calories, pack in as much nutrient dense foods and cut crap out as much as possible. ( were all human though, and its okay to have treats once in awhile:tongue: )
    and exercise!

hard to be more specific without knowing what our diet and activity levels are already like. :tongue:
  • well i just need some motavation!!!!!!!
    cause when everyone leaves my house its like its chow time
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member
    well i just need some motavation!!!!!!!

Then use that time to pop in a workout DVD or head out for a walk or something...(:
  • well i just need some motavation!!!!!!!
    ITS EXCATLY LIKE THAT HERE:grumble:
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    well i just need some motavation!!!!!!!
    ITS EXCATLY LIKE THAT HERE:grumble:

Me too. I've been on track for like 3 weeks since I've been on here, and that is BIG! I'm really changing mentally and physically.
  • pkgirrl
    Im a recovered bulimic.. well, recovering. I know what its like to binge, and " crave" massive amounts of food, that you don't actually, crave, and probably aren't even that hungry, its just sort of something to do, am i right?

do it for yourself. Tell yourself no. I will not eat the cookies, pies, junk food, etc, whatever your triggers may be. If you live with other people, request that they keep such and such foods out of the house for a couple weeks and try eating clean. Just make a commitment to yourself. You don't need to eat the cookies, remember, you control the food, not the other way around. And make sure your eating enough healthy stuff, so that you aren't actually starving. You'll find cravings are a lot less dramatic and much easier to control when your body has all its proper nutrients.

A couple things they taught me in ED clinic ( it sounds a bit like you suffer compulsive over eating? maybe a tad? so this may help you)

Don't eat alone. Eat only with family or friends or other people, so you'll be less likely to binge.

Always keep cut up fresh veggies on hand. If you feel like you absolutely HAVE to have something, make yourself eat a cup of the vegetables first. You might find this is enough to curb your eating, especially if its just because your bored. If you still rally want the cookies, take 2 out of the bag, put the bag away, then go elsewhere to eat them, where it won't be so easy to just keep going and going :tongue:

You can still eat the foods you like, but make sure you get all of your nutrition in for the day first. Because MFP factors a calorie deficit into daily cals, if you eat what they tell you, and don't exercise, you should still lose. This also means when you do exercise, you get to ( need to, actually) eat the calories you burned. A day like this is a good day to treat yourself. Don't eat the cookies post workout, you need some nutrition so your body can repair, but maybe later on in the day if you have some leftover cals.

I hope this helps sweetie. I really know how hard it can be to get the binge monster under control, but you will feel SO much better about yourself once you start eating healthy. In fact, I promise if you can keep yourself to a strict binge free diet for even a couple weeks, ( just think before it goes into your mouth," is this nutritionally helping my body somehow?" and the answer should never be no lol )
    you'll probably find that don't crave the big binges anymore. And when you do occasionally dive in, heck, i still do, stop when you feel like you can, if youve eaten more than you should, but your not hungry anymore, dont keep going cause" oh well, ive already overeaten" just stop, youll feel more powerful :)
  • pkgirrl
    and yeah, working out in that time is an awesome idea!
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Im a recovered bulimic.. well, recovering. I know what its like to binge, and " crave" massive amounts of food, that you don't actually, crave, and probably aren't even that hungry, its just sort of something to do, am i right?

do it for yourself. Tell yourself no. I will not eat the cookies, pies, junk food, etc, whatever your triggers may be. If you live with other people, request that they keep such and such foods out of the house for a couple weeks and try eating clean. Just make a commitment to yourself. You don't need to eat the cookies, remember, you control the food, not the other way around. And make sure your eating enough healthy stuff, so that you aren't actually starving. You'll find cravings are a lot less dramatic and much easier to control when your body has all its proper nutrients.

A couple things they taught me in ED clinic ( it sounds a bit like you suffer compulsive over eating? maybe a tad? so this may help you)

Don't eat alone. Eat only with family or friends or other people, so you'll be less likely to binge.

Always keep cut up fresh veggies on hand. If you feel like you absolutely HAVE to have something, make yourself eat a cup of the vegetables first. You might find this is enough to curb your eating, especially if its just because your bored. If you still rally want the cookies, take 2 out of the bag, put the bag away, then go elsewhere to eat them, where it won't be so easy to just keep going and going :tongue:

You can still eat the foods you like, but make sure you get all of your nutrition in for the day first. Because MFP factors a calorie deficit into daily cals, if you eat what they tell you, and don't exercise, you should still lose. This also means when you do exercise, you get to ( need to, actually) eat the calories you burned. A day like this is a good day to treat yourself. Don't eat the cookies post workout, you need some nutrition so your body can repair, but maybe later on in the day if you have some leftover cals.

I hope this helps sweetie. I really know how hard it can be to get the binge monster under control, but you will feel SO much better about yourself once you start eating healthy. In fact, I promise if you can keep yourself to a strict binge free diet for even a couple weeks, ( just think before it goes into your mouth," is this nutritionally helping my body somehow?" and the answer should never be no lol )
    you'll probably find that don't crave the big binges anymore. And when you do occasionally dive in, heck, i still do, stop when you feel like you can, if youve eaten more than you should, but your not hungry anymore, dont keep going cause" oh well, ive already overeaten" just stop, youll feel more powerful :)

Well said..:smile:
This discussion has been closed.