Where do you keep your stuff while running?

Options
2»

Replies

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I don't carry much. I have a knife if I'm running at night. I just clip it onto the inside of my shorts, and I carry my phone. I use it as a timer.

And if I need a key (house or car key) I just take it off the chain and stick it in my bra lol.
  • twinmom_112002
    twinmom_112002 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Get a RoadID...has all the information that your regular ID has plus emergency contact info (the advanced version lets you set up a medical profile that EMT's/Dr's can access. I have the bracelet kind but they also have dog tag and shoe versions.

I don't carry any money or my phone anymore. I use a shuffle clipped to my shirt. It was amazing the first time I got rid of the phone. No more interruptions from work or school. If I really needed money, all my shorts have a itty bitty pocket somewhere on them.

On my garage I have a key pad that opens the door. If I run anywhere else, I just take my spare car key and tie it to my shorts using the waist drawstring. Make sure to dbl knot it and prepare for stares when you are done and getting your key back but not as many stares as fishing it out of your bra (used to do this but a key rubbing against the nips is BAD).
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I've been saying forever that I wish there was a cuter alternative to the fanny pack... and Spibelt fits that bill perfectly! I just ordered polka dot one from Amazon. :smile:
  • natvanessa
    natvanessa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I have had this exact same question and I just ordered an SPI Belt.
    I've been luggin this little purse with a long strap, it was not doing the trick LOL.
  • happinessforevercm
    Options
    Bump :)
  • pouchkey123
    Options
    in a pouchkey,

Free yourself of carrying a purse & carry everything hands free. A place to put your phone when you don't have pockets. Functional clothing accessory.

pouchkey.etsy.com
  • RachelAngel01
    RachelAngel01 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    If it's a short run and I don't take water, I use my Spibelt. If it's a long run (8+ miles) I'll take my Nathan hydration belt...the pocket on my hydration belt is tiny though, and my iphone doesn't fit, so I got another clip-on pouch. That works better, and I can put my gu in the small pouch attached to the belt.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    My house because that's the start and end point of all my runs.
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Am I doomed to wear the dreaded fanny pack?

Yes. But is sounds so much cooler if you call if a runner's belt. :)

Seriously, Nathan, Amphipod, and several other companies make great belts that can hold everything you need and don't bounce.
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    I have a RoadID, which will take place of your ID.

Not sure why you need a taser, but since you're carrying it, just carry it in your hand?

Water? I don't need water unless I am going over an hour, or its hot as hell out.
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    You carry a tazer while running O.o You must live in a scary neighborhood! I keep everything I need in my bra.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    omigosh lol a taser?!

I wear an iPod nano clipped on to my shirt, strap on my garmin, put my car key in the pocket of my running tights/shorts and carry a Nathan hand-held water bottle that has a little pouch with room for a tissue, an ID card and a pack of Honey Stingers for long runs.

^^this^^ except phone in hand(Pandora), and grass is my tissue....yep; or if you do not want to run with a drink in your hand place it at the mid-point of your run and take a mid-run drink break. Good luck.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I carry my phone. That's how I've always done it since doing the c25K and watching the app so I'm used to it.

If I go to a trail I leave my keys in my unlocked car....hidden of course. Not the smartest idea but that's what I do.

If I run near my house I lock my house and stash my keys in my car.