best morning workout/breakfast schedule

Options
I'm 21 years old, 5' 1" and weight 98.8lbs. My routine consists of wake up at 6am and eat scrambled eggs with cheese and turkey, 1/4cup oatmeal and half of a mini what bagel. I go to the gym at 7 for an hour sometimes an hour and a half. I do this 6 days a week and some days I go twice. After I work out I have a protein shake that is about 200 calories.
Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. Is it best to have my protein shake before my workout and then come back and eat my large breakfast? I know it is the most important meal of the day and eating a big breakfast boosts your metabolism. I just don't know the right order. I want to feel energized for my workout but also come back from the gym and still eat a large breakfast. What order should I do?

Replies

• RandomMiranda
    RandomMiranda Posts: 298
    Options
    I'm not an expert or a doctor, but I have heard many times that protein is important after the workout. Your body needs it for recovery and rebuilding muscle. Other than that, if it works for you then do it. Sounds like a really nutritious breakfast and good fuel for your body whether before or after your workout.
  • SunshineT83
    SunshineT83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm sure your shake has plenty of sustaining protein in it. I think it really is a matter of preference in this situation. Personally I wouldn't be able to move around as freely with a belly full of meat and eggs like I would with an easily digested shake. Plus for me a warm meal is kind of therapeutic so getting to eat the eggs after my workout would feel like a treat. I'm sure as long as you're eating you're doing your body justice. Especially since it seems as though all of this is consumed with in a 3 hour span, the order doesn't really seem to matter more beyond your personal preference.
  • healthylifeforme
    healthylifeforme Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Carbs before your workout and protein after.