easy, fast ways to burn cals?

Options
I love food, you love food, we all love food. And we get to eat more of it if we break a sweat and burn some calories...

Any of you know some easy, fast ways to burn 100+ calories? Also, I hate running.

Replies

• Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    Speed walking. Depending on how fast and how long its a good workout. Also check out www.exercise.com

They have routines and show you how to do it. They even give you a calorie count for each.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    eat celery
  • bschoo01
    bschoo01 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    zumba videos are fun and therefore seem to be easier and go by faster... they have a few shorter routines too... if i need to burn 120 extra cals i do the 20 minute ab workout :)
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I used to hate running too. HATE. But, 4 marathons and countless other races later.... I'm a runner. And I'm addicted. Don't discount it until you have given it a good go. :)

Other than that...... just get off your bum and walk, bike, move! that's how you burn calories! As an example - tonight I walked to the grocery store to buy a few things. It's about a half mile away. So without trying too much I got an extra mile of walking into my day.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Pick your favorite form of cardio and go for it. ;-)
  • laurieblair2012
    Options
    I'm loving the elliptical bike at the gym. 30 minutes at a steady, moderate effort burns a lot of calories!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Sleep
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    biking at 12-14 mph for 20 minutes will burn around 100 calories, but it depends on your weight.
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Sleep

That is the best (or one of the best ) ways to burn 100 cals. ;-)
  • r8chjc
    r8chjc Posts: 6
    Options
    I have fun doing the WII fit or the Just Dance on the Kinect. I burn a bunch of calories and have fun with the kiddos at the same time! Light housework also burns some calories, and you have to do it anyway ;)
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Do you want easy or fast? They tend to work against each other when you're asking for burning calories.
  • Lieberm
    Lieberm Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Walk a mile. Even slowly if you want. Takes 20-30 minutes of your time.