looking for support

Options
juliaamilee
juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
so I have been making changes for over 2 years now and have lost almost 50 pounds. I have been stuck on a plateau for almost a year, became unmotivated and slacked. Didnt gain much back, but now I am working hard and not moving down on the scale. I have no friends here that have the desire to lose weight, ok have the desire but lack of want to. I guess just no common support system for weight loss. I do all of my workouts, walking, running and eating healthy alone. Weekly muchie days at work, I am left out because of all the junk food they have. I just avoid it and I am ok with that, I dont give into the temptation or I know to eat in moderation sometimes I'll even bring fruit or veggies and offer it to them not that it gets eaten without all of the rich dips totally defeating the purpose. LOL All I hear is how great I look and how proud they are of me. blah blah.. . So anyways... Just looking I guess for people who understand how hard this is. How tough it is to change everything, lifestyle, food habits, exercise, make sure that you are focused on you and not everyone else. Looking for a support system I guess, in trying everything to get the scale to go down I have been told and read you are more sucessful with a buddy and not doing it alone. :happy:

Replies

• Aljn27
    Aljn27 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi. You can add me as a friend. It is very hard trying to lose weight. I understand. Just take it a day at a time. I'll send a friend request.:smile:
  • nchertok
    nchertok Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am new at this too! I have baby weight that has gotta gotta go! Add me and we can try motivating each other !
  • 5783070R
    5783070R Posts: 1
    Options
    I just started today. My father has lost sixty pounds in about a year so keep. Your memory green. Think how much better you feel now
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I also lost a bit of weight, then plateaued for like a year. I'm finally back on track and I know how hard it is. I've been able to jump start it using Visalus, myself. I'm sure people here will try to help, myself included. Add me if you like.
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I am older than you but I sure do know how hard it is to lose weight. I have struggled with my weight all my life. I have about 60 lbs to lose and have just within the last few months been changing my lifestyle, eating habits and exercising. I will send a friend request and please feel free to check out my proflle and add me if you would like. Anyone else who would like to be friends just let me know. I love to support, motivate and encourage others. We can ALL do this and we can all take this journey together.

Hugs
    Bev
  • childofArtemis24
    Options
    hey, you can add if you like. I have health issues that prevent me from loosing weight, and I cant always eat the healthy things most ppl eat. so loosing weight is hard.
  • vassynessy
    vassynessy Posts: 2
    Options
    well your doing good so far!! woohoo! i went on diet holidays, gained the weight and now i have to loose it again, happy to be friends for support! :) ness!
  • sml1231
    sml1231 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I understand! I split my time between 4 schools in our district, and it is literally some special event every day. There are TONS of snacks everywhere, and I LOVE snacking. I have to go eat in my office to avoid it sometimes, because what I really want to do is eat about 5000 calories of snacks. Also, I have been working out by myself during the week for months, and it can get frustrating. It's easy to get off track when nobody knows it but you. I did a few things that helped, and maybe they would help you, too. I joined a run club (I'm really not a joiner of any kind of club, especially one that involves being gross and sweaty and gasping for breath in the presence of others, but this is a run club for non-runners, so I figured it would be fine), and it actually has helped me on the days when I run by myself, because I want to keep going so next week at run club I'm closer to the front of the pack. I also have asked my friends who don't really like to work out, per se, but like to do one specific activity, to do something with me. So I'll go for a bike ride with my friend who likes to occasionally ride bike, and I'll go to the pool with my friend who occasionally likes to swim, and I'll force my best friend - who hates any kind of cardiovascular activity - to take a leisurely walk with me (I also give her a white wine spritzer, which makes her happy). So for them, it may be the one activity they do all week, but it keeps me active and doing something different every day. I also track my exercise and calories on MFP, so the computer will hold me accountable if nobody else is ;-)

Good luck, and keep going!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Add me : ) If you would like!
  • alyssatuininga
    alyssatuininga Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am looking for some support too! Would love to help each other out!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Sounds soooooo familiar. I began the weight loss process over two yrs ago. I've lost about 60lbs. The first 40 came off pretty easy with health eating, and regular exercise (both weights and cardio). The last 20 were a huge struggle. I would often plateau for months. I'm now working on what I hope to be my last five. I actually find the people at work to be very supportive. It's my friends and family who will pressure me to eat things I don't want to eat, tell me I workout too much, or ask when I'm going to stop this "diet." Can't get them to understand it's not a diet, it's a lifestyle. I like working out. I actually do eat whatever I want, it's just that what I want to eat has changed.
    At first I felt guilty, that I was being selfish for focusing so much on myself. But I came to a point where I realized, that I deserve to be happy. And I am happy now. Not going to feel guilty about that, and not going to let anyone else pressure me into being unhappy.
  • Vick1225
    Vick1225 Posts: 4
    Options
    add me, we all can lose weight together! :)
  • Lampy00512
    Lampy00512 Posts: 117
    Options
    I'll add you, I'm seeking support too! =)
    Also, anybody else who may read this, feel free to add me as well.