Confession

trudance45
trudance45 Posts: 45 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
For the first time in 5 weeks of my diet i was bad, and i feel guilty about it now. I have a treat day on a saturday but today I was really bored and have been craving chocoloate and I gave in :(

I hurt my knee yesterday and so i didnt excerise as i dont want to hurt myself, but im feeling really bad, now :(

-Trudy

Replies

• skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Don't sweat it. We all have those days.
  • slimmingmom
    slimmingmom Posts: 297
    You said 5 weeks??? Come on, don't beat yourself up...so what if you slipped up one day out 35!!! We all slip up here and there in one way or the other. The main thing is to not let that one slip up end your diet. Tomorrow is new day :)
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    You said 5 weeks??? Come on, don't beat yourself up...so what if you slipped up one day out 35!!! We all slip up here and there in one way or the other. The main thing is to not let that one slip up end your diet. Tomorrow is new day :)

I love that you put it into days!!! One day out of 35 sounds awesome to me!
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    What is life without chocolate? :noway: Not worth living!

You had some chocolate- it's ok. Just don't eat a bar everyday or make it a 'bad' food. 'Bad' foods have more appeal to us because they're forbidden.

Better to eat a candy bar once a month. :flowerforyou:
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    It's bound to happen and honestly should, so you don't feel too deprived. Just don't let it be a downward spiral.
    Sometimes when I "accidentally indulge" :wink: I slip into the "oh well its too late to save today" mode and end up doing much more damage than if I'd have just let myself have that slip up without feeling guilty, and got on with it.

Cheers to a lifestyle, not a diet! :drinker:
  • vanessadawn
    vanessadawn Posts: 249
    chocolate is worth it! :bigsmile:
  • stewartmn
    stewartmn Posts: 15
    5 weeks is an AWESOME amount of time to have not cheated once! You should be proud of yourself for that accomplishment instead of beating yourself up for one treat. I'm lucky if I make it 5 days without justifying some stupid junk food! I say you deserve the treat and get back to the healthy eating tomorrow! Great job!!! :happy:
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    You know what? If you like dark chocolate, you can add it to your calorie count. A small amount of chocolate is good for you. Or you can hit up your local grocery store and get some boxes of 100 calorie chocolate treats. Hershey's has several out now!
  • keppick
    keppick Posts: 36 Member
    Rather than a WORKOUT with the injured knee, go for a walk. Take it easy but keep moving.

As for chocolate, I there with you! Here's the trick: Get your chocolate fix in low cal ways rather than removing chocolate from your diet. Allow yourself some indulgence to your various cravings. I like to have SOME chocolate every day. My favorites are Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches and chocolate pudding (read the labels there are some that give high impact chocolate with lighter calories and fat). Keeping these around make it possible to have some chocolate every day so I don't go crazy once a week and chow down on 3 Snickers bars in one sitting!
This discussion has been closed.