Intro: Mid-30s Christian mom runner

Options
michellekicks
michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
That about sums me up :D

I'm a widowed and re-married SAHM to 5 kids. I like to run... doing a 10 mile race with 4100' vertical this June and my 2nd half marathon this August. Now that I'm all done having babies I'm aiming to get back into pre-baby shape (I've got about 20 lbs to lose) and roll into my 40s in the best shape ever.

I advocate eating as much as you can to lose weight safely and healthfully. I try and avoid junk and processed stuff but I sometimes cave and eat Kraft Dinner or a candy bar *sigh*... Sometimes I think I run just to support my eating habits.

I'm also an unknown Christian songwriter who just loves Jesus and loves making music.

If we have anything in common - you're in your 30s/40s, you're a Christian, you have kids, you have a spouse, you've lost a spouse, you like to eat, you like to run, or whatever else... friend me up please! I could use some motivation.

Looking forward to getting to know you!

Replies

• Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hello, nice to meet you. I'm 42 also widowed and remarried and have three children and one grandchild (soon to be two grandchildren). I'm working on my last 10-12 lbs (lost 23 so far) and have been on here for some time, but only got really serious again back in Nov. I'm not really a runner, but my husband is. I prefer strength training and I do mostly intervals when it comes to running. Used to be a runner when I was younger, but just doesn't suit me like it once did. :) I do like to eat though, but have learned to like things that are better for me, can really find some good things to eat and still stay healthy.

This is a great place for motivation.... Welcome to MFP. :)
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the add :) It's nice to meet you.