Anyone else not be able to sleep when you are hungry?

Options
I am not hungry tonight bcuz as a family we all had a really big salad with quinoa and chicken, baby spinach and such. So we are all really full but sometimes I am hungry before bed and I CAN NOT fall asleep when I am hungry. It blows my mind when I see people talk about being hungry and going to sleep instead of eating. I dont know how they do it. I have tried to go to sleep instead of eating. And will lay awake for HOURS like till 4 or 5 am and finally break down and have some yogurt or almond butter sandwich. Go back to bed and fall instantly asleep. So sometimes I try to save extra calories for a bed time snack. So how do you do it?

Replies

• astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Why do you not eat when you are hungry?
  • EchoOfYourPast
    EchoOfYourPast Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I just recently started working day shift after being on nights for 11 years......i eat around the clock...if i do get up in the middle of the night and i am hungry ...i grab a quick snack......when i would get off work a 6 am....if i was hungry i would eat before i fell asleep....then eat lunch when i woke up....now that i am on days...i don't really have a problem waking in the middle of the night hungry....if you do...you should get something...especially knowing that you won't have to lay awake for hours thinking about it...It is better to eat and sleep comfortably than deprive your body of sleep! Good luck :)

San :)
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Why do you not eat when you are hungry?
    I dont know, out of calories for the day? Thats why I started saving some. Sometimes if I have a really intense workout even when I eat my exercise calories back I am still starving. *shrugs* I was just making conversation. It just seems like so many people are able to sleep when they are hungry but I am unable to do it.