I need help . . .

Options
Tomorrow I am giving a speech on why healthier foods should cost less than non-healthy foods. I am also explaining why fast food is making our nation more unhealthy. Any points I should include in the speech? I want to make sure I'm not missing anything. Thanks!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• gunganie
    gunganie Posts: 5
    Options
    Well, in my opinion, healthy foods should cost less because there is less handling and processing than with unhealthy foods.
  • schlieffen
    schlieffen Posts: 269
    Options
    There was a post about this topic today, with lots of interest and lots of discussion. That'd be your best bet to flip through.. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/58088-health-food-is-too
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    There was a pretty good post that covered a lot of info on here early...
    It was something like Why is Health Food so Expensive or something like that..... You might find that and get some good ideas...:happy:
    I tend to lean toward the idea that its not more expensive to eat healthy and clean....BUT I do agree that fast food is the fast lane to FAT
    Good luck!! :smile:
  • Chops
    Chops Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your speech.
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Well if they make healthy food less expensive then higher fat foods a lot of people would not be able to afford to eat crap. So, the more people eat less crap, people would live longer to buy even more healthy food. :bigsmile:

Good Luck!
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    Thank you for the suggestions!:happy:
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    How'd your speech go???
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    How'd your speech go???

It went really good. I forgot to say what it was for. The Y. M. C. A. chose me to give a speech to some families on fast food. After the speech, people would come up to me and say things like, "wow. I didn't know how fast food is so bad for you" or "thank you so much for making this speech". A little girl went up and said, "I don't eat fast food as much as I used to." That's what I call a success!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    That's great :happy: Any kind of help for this world is totally worth it haha