Bump
  • StixFight
    StixFight Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Gotta Try This - Thanks!
  • JamCubeChi
    JamCubeChi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    This sounds really good but I absolutely HATE zucchini-as well as the yellow squash that looks like zucchini- any suggestions as to what could be used in it's place? I love Quinoa & most other vegetables. Thanks for posting-hoping for some ideas for substitution for the zucchini. :smile:
  • nicolehaj
    nicolehaj Posts: 11
    Options
    bump
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Thank you! We are on a quest to find the best veggie burger we can make. This is definitely going on the list to try!
  • Leah5449
    Leah5449 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • maggie4097
    maggie4097 Posts: 156
    Options
    YUMMMMMMMMM:flowerforyou:
  • DEEDLYNN
    DEEDLYNN Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Omgosh. I made these tonight. Never have made, eaten, or used quinoa before vvthese were easy to make and outstanding. Thanks for the recipe.
  • DEEDLYNN
    DEEDLYNN Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I wonder if you can substitute spinach for the zuchini. I cooked too much quinoa last night. I need to re-purpose it tonight. LOL. It was the first time I used quinoa so I have no idea what to do with the rest of it.
  • kkoshiro
    kkoshiro Posts: 69
    Options
    Celebrating Meatless Monday in true fashion: BURGERS!

48520670780219719863704.jpg

You'll need:

1/2 c. Quinoa
    3 tbl egg whites
    3 tbl flour
    1 c. finely shredded zucchini patted dry
    2 green onion stalks
    Protein powder (optional, i just used it because i forgot to squeeze out the extra water in the zucchini)
    1 tbl sweetener (Really could be a teaspoon, mine were pretty sweet and tasted like a Wendy's burger)
    4 tbl parmesan cheese
    1/4 c. shredded cheese

Optional add ins: Garlic powder, onion powder, seasoned meat tenderizer, A1 sauce, etc etc.

I just mixed it all together in a bowl and popped a 1/4c at a time into a skillet with non-stick cooking spray. About 4 minutes each side on medium to medium-low. They came out DELICIOUS and at 99 calories a pop, you can eat the *kitten* out of them.

quinoaburger.jpg
    BUMPITY BUMP!!!