can anyone help me to get more lean and toned?

Options
hi guys, i'm 5'3 and weigh around 48-49kgs.

i have BMI of 18.9
my body fat % is 14.9%

since i started exercising my body has gotten harder and i slim down quite a lot, even people that rarely see me can notice the difference.

but what ive been struggling to get is that hard, toned and lean body.

i'm doing insanity 4-6 times a week, and i'm doing toning exercises afterwards for 15-20 mins.
sometimes after doing that i'll go to gym and do HIIT or interval training at treadmill/cross trainer/bike.

my nutrition has also been good. i keep my carbs around 100-120g, and my protein around 130-150 and fat is 20-40.
i eat clean most of the times.

i know a lot of people has recommended me to do strength training, but i'm a college student and all boys has overtaken my campus' gym and it's even impossible to get a dumbell with all the boys using -.-

so i figured out why i just dont do everything at home.

can anyone reccomend me of things i need to do/ review? am i in plateau? because i just look thin and dont have muscle definition.

i have another question on my calorie intake. i'm eating around 1300-1400 cals per day. do you think i should up the amt of calories?

p.s i'm not trying to bulk up i just want to get lean and toned

Replies

• nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy.
  • mandylooo
    mandylooo Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    At 14.9% body fat, you are most certainly lean - no work to do there. i think you probably do need to increase your calorie intake if you want to build muscle - it isn't going to happen whilst you're eating fewer calories than you need to maintain your current body weight. And yes, you need to do some proper resistance work.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    If you read my profile, I've listed a bodyweight strength training program that will put on muscle if you're in a caloric surplus...or lean and strengthen if you're in a deficit. If you look at my profile pictures you can see the difference it made in just 3mos.
  • stephleexo
    stephleexo Posts: 7
    Options
    okay thank you guys!

i started being quite weak so i'm still considering whether i want to lift heavy.

but this month i'll buy myself a pair of 10lbs dumbells to get me started <3