Back again, this time for long term.

Options
Hello All!

This is the second time I have been on here, was around last year and I lost 20lbs which was about half my goal then I lost motivation and routine through moving house!

Decided after seeing pictures of myself on a recent holiday I better get working hard at this - decided not to treat this as a diet but a lifestyle change. I haven't set a deadline this time and that's really helped as I don't feel all this pressure on me.

I had a lot of inactive friends when I logged back in - so looking to share this journey with some active supportive people. In return I will do all I can to support you. Add me if you like!

Not weighing in for a month then I will check the damage (I think doing that now will destroy my confidence if I see that graph shoot right up).

Look forward to speaking to some of you over the next while!

Replies

• FerryfieldLad
    FerryfieldLad Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Anyone? Lol!
  • Masterdo
    Masterdo Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    It's been a pretty quiet day I guess with no replies. Then again, it's 4:31 here, maybe that's why :p

Good luck with your journey, you seem to have nice goals with your walks, stick to it and you'll make it :) Feel free to add me if you want too.

Have a good day!
  • kindred_fawn
    kindred_fawn Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, I just joined today, so thought I'd welcome you hehe. :)
  • FerryfieldLad
    FerryfieldLad Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Thank you!

@Kindred_fawn - WELCOME! This website is amazing, really helps you keep on top of your food. 3 weeks with no internet during a house move caused me to fall off the wagon before, so it kind of proves what a crutch this site can be!

@Masterdo - 4.31 and you are up? Have you been to bed or yet to go to bed? :tongue:
  • RenVan
    RenVan Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hey there, it's 0510 here in Edmonton Alberta Canada. I'm a dispatcher and have about 45 min left in my night shift. I'm now off for 4 days but moving into my new house on Friday...busy busy busy! LOL
    Feel free to add me! :)
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Welcome back bro...go get em.
  • riskiestlavonn
    riskiestlavonn Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hey,

Glad to see that you've decided to come back to the site. I've been pretty active on here for a couple months now. You can add me if you like. :-)

-Misha
  • hookandy
    hookandy Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Morning,

I did almost the same thing. Lost about 2 stone last year and got down to 18st. Then seemed to lose focus and slip. When I got on the scales just after Christmas I had put that back and some. So now 4 full month in I am just back to where I got to last year.

You are right though it is the long term, somebody described it as being like a problem with the drink. One a drinker always a drinker. I think I will always be counting and recording.

It seems a long way to go, but it is worth it!
  • Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    add me if you like
  • FrustratedYoYoer
    FrustratedYoYoer Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hello All!

This is the second time I have been on here, was around last year and I lost 20lbs which was about half my goal then I lost motivation and routine through moving house!

Decided after seeing pictures of myself on a recent holiday I better get working hard at this - decided not to treat this as a diet but a lifestyle change. I haven't set a deadline this time and that's really helped as I don't feel all this pressure on me.

I had a lot of inactive friends when I logged back in - so looking to share this journey with some active supportive people. In return I will do all I can to support you. Add me if you like!

Not weighing in for a month then I will check the damage (I think doing that now will destroy my confidence if I see that graph shoot right up).

Look forward to speaking to some of you over the next while!

Hi you can add me if you like. This is my 2nd time here too and like you i'm not going to be weighing anytime soon as I don't wanna be destroyed by the numbers haha. We can work towards seeing pretty numbers on the scales next time we do weigh :)