Can't believe I didn't gain!

Options
toots99
toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
I had family in town this weekend and I ate and drank everything in sight for three days...and add to that my monthly enemy was here too. I was dreading stepping on a scale. But I did, and i didn't gain anything! I was starting to wonder recently if I hadn't been eating enough calories, and think maybe I've just gotten my answer!

Replies

• Skagirl
    Skagirl Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    *woot woot* Great going! :drinker:
  • jeffwyeg
    jeffwyeg Posts: 105
    Options
    Never ceases to amaze me how that sometimes works out...ha ha!

2 weekends ago, I went away for a weekend...drank like a fish, ate like a pig. The result: No gain/loss

Last weekend, I went to see family...didn't really watch too closely, but didn't go (too) overboard. The result: No gain/loss

Sometimes being stuck on a plateau can be good...ha ha!

Jeff @ YEG
  • Jessimicab
    Jessimicab Posts: 21
    Options
    i went away one weekend (camping) and went crazy, like I ate an entire bag of marshmallows!! (not a big bag, but a regular sized one - still ridiculous amount of empty calories with NO fibre at all) and I gained lie 5 lbs, but luckily for me... i was able to work it off quickly because it was fresh weight

I always find the longer you let fat sit in your body the harder it is to get rid of!! :P so don't feel bad, and just remember you'll have to make up for it later!! :D we only live once, enjoy it, but be reasonable
  • christine918
    christine918 Posts: 261
    Options
    I have an injury right now and I can't do any cardio! I am a big eater, so I am used to having between 700 and 1000 exercise calories to work with! That has not been the case for about 3 weeks! I am staying about the same for now, going up and down a pound every day. I am very supprised by this! ???? I cant wait to run again though!:laugh:

146230.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • ellybaby
    ellybaby Posts: 12
    Options
    This is so interesting. I was stalled for about 2 weeks with no weight loss. I do cardio 6 days a week for about 50 minutes and 2 days of strength training. I have been doing some painting around the house so I missed about 4 days of exercise. 2 days ago I was ravenous and ate way past my alloted calories. The next morning I weighed myself and was down 3 lbs! I guess this means I haven't been eating enough, right?
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I just weighed myself and I'm actually down a pound! Last time family was in town, I gained 7 lbs! :noway:

I have been trying to change my habits from being strict all week and having a cheat day on Saturdays (which usually spilled over to Sunday too), to maybe allowing myself a small indulgence in moderation once a day or every other day. I think that may also be helping.

Either way, yay!