interesting e-mail i received....

Options
2»

Replies

• dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

Graying hair, balding, nervous outburst, and dark circles under the eyes all these will not happen if you take fruits on an empty stomach.

Damn, I wish someone had sent this before I went bald and gray.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options

Graying hair, balding, nervous outburst, and dark circles under the eyes all these will not happen if you take fruits on an empty stomach.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Maybe its not too late? You can go eat nothing but fruit and see if you can turn back the clock?
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Maybe its not too late? You can go eat nothing but fruit and see if you can turn back the clock?

If it were true I wouldn't have to buy concealer anymore :drinker: :drinker:
    Like previously said, this is another round of an old diet belief. Your body processes all foods correctly, if not, you have a health problem and should seek medical attention right away :wink: Regardless of the manner you eat your food in most people carry up to three meals worth of food in their bowels at any given time, with a high fiber diet you are promoting more bowel movements therefore cleaning your system on a more frequent basis than a low fiber diet.

I also heard once that you should eat your fruit or veggies after you eat meats because the fruits and veggies will promote a better digestive breakdown of the meat.......well, you would get the proper breakdown by chewing it enough too!

to each his own :drinker:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

Right, and I think it will restore the value in my 401K.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    i dislike this email a lot, i received it a while back too

it makes being healthy....hard

i am not going to think 'ok, i can eat a piece of fruit, and nothing else'

i eat fruit after my dinner, with my breakfast, after my lunch, as a snack

screw those rules, its healthier than NOT eating fruit at all
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    Seriously? Okay, so, let's think this through.. I haven't researched this beyond a high school background in chemistry, so if anyone sees inaccuracy, please call it. This is just what I have logically concluded in my own head.

1) The article said most fruits immediately " turn" alkaline when entering the body. Basically this just means their pH somehow increases significantly enough to become basic.

2) Most fruits ARE acidic. Even if only mildly so. (pH<7)

3) Blood is slightly basic, (pH>7) however, pretty much the entire digestive track is full of enzymes, all of which are acidic, particularly stomach bile, with a pH around 2-3.

4) The body is full of "buffer systems" In chemical reactions, a buffer system is a balance of an acid and its oxalate base in a ratio of 1:10 or less. This balance allows the chemicals to become VERY resistant to changes in pH. Your body is full of these buffer systems because pH balance is very important to all of your cells. Blood cells can't survive in an acidic environment, digestive enzymes can't survive in a basic environment. Your body does have a range which is acceptable, however, if your pH gets too out of whack, you die. ( let's just say you decided to drink a bottle of hydrochloric acid, if you somehow didn't die from your insides melting, the pH change would definitely kill you)

5) This one is a real clincher. Acids don't just " become" bases. Acids breakdown into a salt and hydrogen ion solution.( H+) All of them. Bases break down into salts and hydronium soloutions. (OH-) One does not just change into the other, especially not with all of those buffer systems in place.

.. basically, the digestive system is ACIDIC, therefore anything ACIDIC ( ie fruit) that goes into it, will remain acidic, AND, probably become even more so. So no, fruit doesn't turn alkaline.

And lastly, in case that was just too much rant and not enough usable, straight forward, info:

If fruits become basic on their way to the stomach, wouldn't it be best to eat food, and load up on the water, BEFORE eating them, to decrease the concentration of stomach acid ( making it weaker) and a more habitable pH level for the fruit?

Just saying. This article sounds like a steaming heap of BS, and it certainly not worth anyone getting worked up or angry about. It contradicts itself, and doesn't seem to provide much evidence for any of its claims.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Hm, so, this person knows nothing about the human body. I guess that means it's time for me to write an e-mail about aeronautics. :huh:
  • vanessadawn
    vanessadawn Posts: 249
    Options
    I found the post interesting because it shows how misinformed and misled people can be. It's too bad that non factual information is being circulated, and people take it as truth. But hopefully it creates an interest that leads to people to research how their digestion works from legitimate sources. The email itself doesn't even make sense, it talks about how bad eating fruit with other foods is, but gives no explanation as to how it is bad for you?! All it says is that it sits in your stomach and 'spoils', that doesn't even make sense lol. Then it goes on to describe a whole list of problems like baldness, dark circles (most of these problems genetic) that it will somehow solve (again not explaining how) lol.
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    I found the post interesting because it shows how misinformed and misled people can be. It's too bad that non factual information is being circulated, and people take it as truth. But hopefully it creates an interest that leads to people to research how their digestion works from legitimate sources. The email itself doesn't even make sense, it talks about how bad eating fruit with other foods is, but gives no explanation as to how it is bad for you?! All it says is that it sits in your stomach and 'spoils', that doesn't even make sense lol. Then it goes on to describe a whole list of problems like baldness, dark circles (most of these problems genetic) that it will somehow solve (again not explaining how) lol.

I wish it was that easy to get rid of dark circles! :laugh:
  • junkgypsy
    junkgypsy Posts: 217
    Options
    SERIOUSLY Y'ALL.
    Eating fruit on an empty stomach only is so important.
    If you do it:
    You will lose weight.
    You will win the lottery.
    Your MIL will cease being evil.
    You will never grow old.
    You will have nothing but good hair days forever.
    Your team will always win the superbowl.
    You will never have to wait in line for anything ever again.
    Your farts will smell like fresh baked cookies.
    You will be able to eat fresh baked cookies by the pound without getting fat.

I could go on, but there are just SOME of the benefits.

Seriously, though, total crap. :bigsmile:
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    uummm.....so i didn't expect the responses to this post that i just saw! talk about people tryna be harsh for no reason. please note the topic - 'INTERESTING E-MAIL I RECEIVED' - and not 'THIS IS TRUE, LIVE BY IT'......is snopes God? - NO! therefore I don't consult snopes for everything in my life. I have gotten great info from other MFPers and was posting this to get their feedback, if they had any. i'm not insulted if anyone may have called me an idiot, whether they did or not, if it makes you feel better to attempt to insult my intelligence (even though you didn't because I never said this was 100% accurate) then i hope you feel better. I live my life to please so if you are now happy, then my job is done. THANKS! :wink:
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    uummm.....so i didn't expect the responses to this post that i just saw! talk about people tryna be harsh for no reason. please note the topic - 'INTERESTING E-MAIL I RECEIVED' - and not 'THIS IS TRUE, LIVE BY IT'......is snopes God? - NO! therefore I don't consult snopes for everything in my life. I have gotten great info from other MFPers and was posting this to get their feedback, if they had any. i'm not insulted if anyone may have called me an idiot, whether they did or not, if it makes you feel better to attempt to insult my intelligence (even though you didn't because I never said this was 100% accurate) then i hope you feel better. I live my life to please so if you are now happy, then my job is done. THANKS! :wink:

people are totally lashing out at the email, not at you, no worries :heart:
  • nbledsoe
    nbledsoe Posts: 1
    Options
    :happy: Sounds loke what I read in the book 'Fit for Life' if you haven't read the book you should it is great and shows you how to combine your foods!

Nina
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    yeah im sorry, i didnt even realize till i reread my post just now that i didnt clarify.
    EMAIL= BS
    you= thanks for sharing :)

it wasn't personal at all, sorry if it seemed that way :blushing: