LOW CARB MEALS

Options
Hi i'm in need of some low carb meals as I know I'm well over my daily average. I eat a fair amount of wholemeal bread, pasta, rice. I struggle to find meals without these in and if i reduce my portion size then I'll be short of calories and protein.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Replies

• AlmondTheGreat
    Options
    Omelette seems good?
  • jodiex92
    jodiex92 Posts: 56
    Options
    Omelettes
    Meat/fish with coliflower mash
    Stirfrys with lots of veg
    roasted veg
    salads
    pepper strips/ courgette sliced like chips
    nuts/seeds for snacks
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    if you reduce your portion size of rice/pasta/bread then replace it with fat--1 tbsp olive oil is 120 calories

add in 1 oz nuts to a salad or veggie dish--160 calories

6-8 oz fatty fish or steak can be about 400 calories--stir fried or sauteed in 1/2 tbsp oil = 60 extra calories

walnut crusted chicken breast cooked in 1/2 tbsp oil and 1 oz walnuts used = 420 for 6 oz or so

add in stir fried veggies and a small potato for another 300 calories.
  • 10KEyes
    10KEyes Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I eat low carb, try to keep it between 75g and 100g per day, so have a look at my diary, it is open.
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Meat and Veg and smaller amounts of grains, fruit can be very carby too but it depends how you feel on the good carb/bad carb thing.
  • Cathleenr
    Cathleenr Posts: 332
    Options
    well, it depends on what you are trying to do. if you reduce carbs, you will need to replace them with something else, like protein, to stay at the same calorie total. if you replace it with fats, you will have to eat less food to remain at your calorie maximum, so it sounds like you are just changing up your macros.its a matter of reading labels and knowing the nutrients on your foods, like the difference between oatmeal and broccoli. both are carb sources, but one is much higher than the other given the same serving size.
  • AlmondTheGreat
    Options
    Thanks guys some good stuff here. :)