Newbie from The Netherlands, starting to go to Gym again

Options
Hiya,

My name is Carina and I am Dutch. I am married to Alan from Scotland. We have 3 children. I have had problems with my weight ever since my teenage time. Did some dieting, as in watching what I ate, and not ate, etc. Which at time worked and other times didn't. After I had my 3 children, I was close to 100 kilo's. (220lbs) And ever since then it started creeping up.

Last year I was getting sick of myself. Besides cycling the kids to school every day, I didn't move much at all. I took me a couple of months to take the step to go to a gym. But I went. I went 3x a week and quite enjoyed it too. Lost some weight. I weighed about 108kg (237.6lbs) beginning of April last year. Around August I weighed in at 98kg. (215.6lbs) So quite happy with that and planning to lose a lot more.

Then around Autumn break I got a little flu like feeling, which lasted a while. And lost my motivation. And stopped going completely. Also because the gym I was at, was right in the centre, which would take me almost 10 minutes to cycle to. Which didn't bother me at all at first, until Autumn and Winter arrived. I just couldn't get myself to go in the rain and cold. And lost interest.

Now last week I visited a different gym, nearer my house, I almost pass it, on my way home from school. And had my first lesson today, with fitness, cardio and strength. And it felt good. I am motivated again, and I hope I will stay motivated. I had a talk to a trainer and we are going to meet about every 4 weeks, also for weighing.

So, when I found this place, where you can also put down what you eat and what you do in exercise I thought it would be a great addition to me working out again. So last week I was 102kg (224.4lbs) and yesterday I was 101kg (222.2lbs). And I only did some Wii Fit Plus at home. So I am surely hoping that with starting some real exercise again, that I will lose more.

And I am hoping I can find some support here and at times also motivation. And it would be great to also find some friends, who are in the same situation as me. Overweight and wanting to work at that..

So feel free to contact me and I will try to be a friend to you all as well.

Carina

Replies

• XstitchCarina
    XstitchCarina Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Reenie2012
    Reenie2012 Posts: 4
    Options
    My name is Carina too! So, I added you as a friend! :)
  • XstitchCarina
    Options
    My name is Carina too! So, I added you as a friend! :)

That is so cool. Where are you from?
  • XstitchCarina
    Options
    Maybe a bump again? Get hardly anyone welcoming me, or is this normal? Makes me a little unsure.